This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

UNOFFICIAL incith-google 2.1x (Nov30,2o12)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
s
shadrach
Halfop

Post by shadrach »

Translation is reporting an error: Translation error: (en->lt) . I've visited Google's translation site and notice that it now uses Adobe Flash to render the translated text. I'm guessing this is the problem for the script. Any way round this?
Trixar_za
Op

Post by Trixar_za »

shadrach wrote:Translation is reporting an error: Translation error: (en->lt) . I've visited Google's translation site and notice that it now uses Adobe Flash to render the translated text. I'm guessing this is the problem for the script. Any way round this?
From what I can see it is actually using objects (embedded objects in IE) to generate the output. The downside is that this box does not exist within main template that gets downloaded.

However when I selected it in firefox and selected view source, it seemed to show everything which I found weird. Maybe something similar can be done to grab the values?
R
Razor
Voice

Re: UNOFFICIAL incith-google 1.9.9v (Nov o8,2oo9)

Post by Razor »

Thats a decent looking script, but there is this error on gamefaq & myspace.

Example:
<Razor> @gamefaqs xbox usa the sims 3
<iRobot> Error! Correct usage: !gamefaqs system in region [system = nds/gba/gc/wii/ps2/psp/ps3/xbox/x360/pc; region = usa/jap/eur]
<Razor> @gamefaqs xbox360 usa the sims 3
<iRobot> Error! Correct usage: !gamefaqs system in region [system = nds/gba/gc/wii/ps2/psp/ps3/xbox/x360/pc; region = usa/jap/eur]
<Razor>@myspace avengedsevenfold
<iRobot> Your search bears no result.
Also, it would be nice to have a Twitter.com and Facebook.com lookup, since most of the population uses it. Is that possible? :wink:
speechles
Revered One

Re: UNOFFICIAL incith-google 1.9.9v (Nov o8,2oo9)

Post by speechles »

Razor wrote:Thats a decent looking script, but there is this error on gamefaq & myspace.

Example:
<Razor> @gamefaqs xbox usa the sims 3
<Razor> @gamefaqs xbox360 usa the sims 3
<Razor>@myspace avengedsevenfold
<iRobot> Your search bears no result.
Okay, you got me. Myspace doesn't actually work any longer, this still needs to be addressed, yep. But gamefaqs your using incorrectly. It doesn't let you look up a game. This is how you see upcoming releases. See the commands below for how they are to be used:
<speechles> !gf x360 in usa
<sp33chy> XBOX360 North America (USA) | 11/19 Dragon Age: Origins - Return to Ostagar | 11/23 Stoked: Big Air Edition | 11/24 Borderlands: The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned | Karaoke Revolution | Madden NFL Arcade | 11/27 Puzzlegeddon | 11/30 Strike Force Red Cell | 12/01 James Cameron's Avatar: The Game | MX vs. ATV Reflex | Rogue Warrior | 12/08 The Saboteur | 12/22 Guitar Hero: Van Halen | 12/29
<sp33chy> Divinity II: Ego Draconis | 12/31 Serious Sam: The First Encounter HD | Snoopy Flying Ace | 01/05 Darksiders | Fable II (Platinum Hits) | 01/12 Army of Two: The 40th Day | Blood Bowl | Konami Classics Vol. 2.

<speechles> !gf ps3 in aus
<sp33chy> PS3 Australia (AUS) | 11/19 Assassin's Creed II | Assassin's Creed II (Black Edition) | Assassin's Creed II (White Edition) | Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs | Dragon Age: Origins | Dragon Age: Origins (Collector's Edition) | Dragon Ball Raging Blast | 11/25 Band Hero | Band Hero (Band Kit) | Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues | Lego Rock Band | Where the Wild Things Are | 11/26 Planet
<sp33chy> 51 | Rogue Warrior | 12/02 Scene It? Bright Lights! Big Screen! | 12/03 James Cameron's Avatar: The Game | James Cameron's Avatar: The Game (Collector's Edition) | Saw | The Saboteur | 12/17 MX vs. ATV Reflex

<speechles> !game the sims 3
<sp33chy> 78 games | Game: PlayStation Home (PS3) (Release Date: Dec 11, 2008) - The online service for the PlayStation 3 incorporates a Second Life-like life sim with 3D avatars. @ http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/puzzle/play ... index.html | Game: The Sims 3 (PC) (Review Score: 9.0 | Release Date: Jun 2, 2009) - The Sims return with the next incarnation of the popular life simulation game featuring a
<sp33chy> seamless open neighborhood world, new create a sim, and unlimited customization. @ http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/thesims3/index.html | Game: The Sims 3 World Adventures (PC) (Release Date: Nov 16, 2009) - The World Adventures is the first expansion pack for The Sims 3 and takes Sims in a journey around the world to such countries as China, France, and Egypt. @
<sp33chy> http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/the ... index.html

<speechles> !ign the sims 3
<sp33chy> iGN results | The Sims 3: World Adventures (PC Game by Electronic Arts IGN Score: 8.3) @ http://pc.ign.com/objects/023/023322.html | The Sims 3 (PC Game by Electronic Arts IGN Score: 8.9) @ http://pc.ign.com/objects/802/802129.html | The Sims 3 (iPhone Game by Electronic Arts IGN Score: 8.5) @ http://wireless.ign.com/objects/143/14319982.html

<speechles> !r the sims 3
<sp33chy> PlayStation Home for PS3 (us? them? you7.0) « SCEA SCEE Virtual Life Release: Dec 11, 2008 » « Rank: 11 of 75,945 (up by 5) PS3 Rank: 4 of 918 Highest Rank: 1 in 2009 » « Player Reviews: 89 Player Ratings: 1877 Users Now Playing: 399 » @ http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/puzzle/play ... index.html ... Video: Crosshairs November 5, 2009: PlayTV, BioWare, Windows 7 @
<sp33chy> http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/puzzle/play ... -windows-7
<speechles> !r the sims 3 @ xbox
<sp33chy> Sorry, game does not appear for that console when searching first page results. See for yourself @ http://www.gamespot.com/pages/search/in ... s%203#game
You can optionally give the "@ system" in !review queries (!r) this isn't required. There are more examples than this of course, but this gives you the basic idea. The entire layout of this depends on if you've left the color theme the same as it comes default. The above look is with default output.
Razor wrote:Also, it would be nice to have a Twitter.com and Facebook.com lookup, since most of the population uses it. Is that possible? :wink:
Anything is possilble, except the impossible. Your request falls under the former. But to do all this requires an investment of time into how these websites work (as I've seriously never used them). I personally have no interest in those sites, well about as much interest as I have in myspace (have no acct there either) which you have noticed (nobody else did..haw) that it has been broken for quite some time. I'll try to fix up myspace asap, but adding those two sites may take quite some time for me to incorporate. Those aren't bad candidates either of them for inclusion. They both rank highly among google queries appearing most times as top results. The problem is that I have a finite amount of spare time lately of which the greater portion is already devoted to irc/eggdrop related tasks, and giving more to this leisure activity means I sacrifice elsewhere and so forth. This may happen eventually, who knows ;)

But, I have been doing work on custom trigger phrasing as I think that this idea should become more prevalent in other scripts. This allows you to develop your own triggers and base these around phrases you wish to pass into other's queries. It makes for less typing for your users this way as well as enabling you to create a custom trigger for your customized query. This has been enhanced further, where before you were simply given %search% and this passed the entire phrase which is passed from the users query or recursion. Now you can also pass by %%1%% %%2%% %%end%% %%4-end%% and use these to base your phrasing upon words within the query/recursion. Where %%1%% is the first word, and %%end%% would be the last, unlike eggdrop with 0 being the first word, and everything "off-by-1". In custom trigger phrasing everything is right, so use %%1%% for the first word. So something to look forward to anyway if you even used custom trigger phrasing to begin with which I'm betting the majority of you haven't. Hopefully those who do use and appreciate it, can appreciate it more with it's new passing of words.. ;D

Take this for example: "mysite:g:+site:rapidshare.%%1%% +ext:%%2%% %%3-end%%"
Using this would produce the following result:
<speechles> !mysite com mp3 hello world
<sp33chy> Your search - +site:rapidshare.com +ext:mp3 hello world - did not match any documents.
In the right hands, this is a pretty sweet addition. Especially for those that use complex switches and things to construct elaborate custom triggers. This can help you create some fun and interesting triggers much more easily. ;D
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

<speechles> !myspace egg
<sp33chy> 1,000 results | Walking Away (by National Geographic)(Time: 02:33; Rating: 92%; Plays: 8,076; Comments: 7) @ http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... =100005034 | Mongoose Can't Open Egg (by U-ZOO)(Time: 00:39; Rating: 85%; Plays: 8,996; Comments: 4) @ http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... d=62971066 | Egg Sketch (by FLIP VIDEO)(Time: 01:03;
<sp33chy> Rating: 90%; Plays: 1,227; Comments: 6) @ http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... d=22183926

<speechles> !tr @nl it works again.. yay!
<sp33chy> Google: (auto->nl) English to Dutch translation
<sp33chy> werkt weer .. yay!

<speechles> !g .de wetter:Hamburg
<sp33chy> Wetter für Hamburg: 12°C, Aktuell: Meistens bewölkt, Wind: W mit 16 km/h; Feuchtigkeit: 94%; Sa.: Klar (13°C|7°C); So.: Vereinzelt regen (15°C|7°C); Mo.: Vereinzelt regen (10°C|7°C)
As usual, get it here: Incith:Google v1.9.9w .. Have a fun :P

Before you even ask.. YES! This includes the custom trigger phrasing with custom_words enabled!
No need to ask, yes, it's free, included at no end cost what-so-ever to you. So without having to repeat anything...If you read the above post you can find out if this is of any use to you or not. If you don't understand how to use the custom trigger phrasing, then maybe you should be asking how to use it. There is no documentation to cover any of this (yet...but there may soon be to explain some of the more overlooked features) so asking questions is how you get answers...keep this is mind....
spithash
Master

Post by spithash »

I admire your work on this dude :D

Keep on rockin' :wink:
Libera ##rtlsdr & ##re - Nick: spithash
Click here for troll.tcl
R
Razor
Voice

Post by Razor »

speechles wrote:
<speechles> !myspace egg
<sp33chy> 1,000 results | Walking Away (by National Geographic)(Time: 02:33; Rating: 92%; Plays: 8,076; Comments: 7) @ http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... =100005034 | Mongoose Can't Open Egg (by U-ZOO)(Time: 00:39; Rating: 85%; Plays: 8,996; Comments: 4) @ http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... d=62971066 | Egg Sketch (by FLIP VIDEO)(Time: 01:03;
<sp33chy> Rating: 90%; Plays: 1,227; Comments: 6) @ http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... d=22183926

<speechles> !tr @nl it works again.. yay!
<sp33chy> Google: (auto->nl) English to Dutch translation
<sp33chy> werkt weer .. yay!

<speechles> !g .de wetter:Hamburg
<sp33chy> Wetter für Hamburg: 12°C, Aktuell: Meistens bewölkt, Wind: W mit 16 km/h; Feuchtigkeit: 94%; Sa.: Klar (13°C|7°C); So.: Vereinzelt regen (15°C|7°C); Mo.: Vereinzelt regen (10°C|7°C)
As usual, get it here: Incith:Google v1.9.9w .. Have a fun :P

Before you even ask.. YES! This includes the custom trigger phrasing with custom_words enabled!
No need to ask, yes, it's free, included at no end cost what-so-ever to you. So without having to repeat anything...If you read the above post you can find out if this is of any use to you or not. If you don't understand how to use the custom trigger phrasing, then maybe you should be asking how to use it. There is no documentation to cover any of this (yet...but there may soon be to explain some of the more overlooked features) so asking questions is how you get answers...keep this is mind....
Its super awesome! Thank you once again. Im a fan of your TCL scripts, speechles :lol: A job well done!
\dev\null
pogue
Voice

Post by pogue »

Hi speechless (and all)

I'm getting an error in the weather lookup.

Code: Select all

[05:08] Tcl error [incith::google::public_message]: can't read "w3": no such variable
[05:08] <Backthen> !g weather 12345
Not sure where to begin troubleshooting. I'm using the 1.9.9v version.

Thx in advance,
pogue
Helpful Tools:
  • Notepad++: Windows Text Editor with TCL Syntax Highlighting
  • Pastebin TCL: For easy script collaboration
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

pogue wrote:I'm using the 1.9.9v version.
poque, your a silly. ;)

Did you not notice the topic of this thread?
Somehow missed the cascade of posts just prior to yours which reference the "w" version?
Bueller? Bueller?

Anyways, this has been corrected since November 19th... :P
pogue
Voice

Post by pogue »

speechles wrote:
pogue wrote:I'm using the 1.9.9v version.
Anyways, this has been corrected since November 19th... :P
Whoops, I feel stupid :oops:
Helpful Tools:
  • Notepad++: Windows Text Editor with TCL Syntax Highlighting
  • Pastebin TCL: For easy script collaboration
c
cg
Voice

Post by cg »

Hi there,

I've noticed a new error today;

11:01 <@ cg> !g barney the dinosaur
[11:01] Tcl error [incith::google::public_message]: can't read "state(body)": no such variable

Has anyone else experienced this? I am using the 'w' version.

Thanks!

I apologise in advance if this has been mentioned previously.
l
luminoso
Voice

Post by luminoso »

cg wrote:Hi there,

I've noticed a new error today;

11:01 <@ cg> !g barney the dinosaur
[11:01] Tcl error [incith::google::public_message]: can't read "state(body)": no such variable

Has anyone else experienced this? I am using the 'w' version.

Thanks!

I apologise in advance if this has been mentioned previously.
same here
Anahel
Halfop

Post by Anahel »

speechles is it possible to you to add trigger for wiktionary? or maybe its possible to use it now (i looked at trigger binds but couldnt find it)

i'd really appreciate it
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

Anahel wrote:speechles is it possible to you to add trigger for wiktionary? or maybe its possible to use it now (i looked at trigger binds but couldnt find it)

i'd really appreciate it
There should be some more documentation to this script than just the config #comments above each variable. Most users aren't aware what features are buried within the script. But for your question, yes, it is possible for me to add a trigger for wiktionary. But at the same time, it is possible for you do to this as well. Let me give an example below to show how this is done.
<speechles> !wm .en.wiktionary.org/wiki egg
<sp33chy> egg - Wiktionary | Wikipedia @ http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/egg
<speechles> !wm .en.wiktionary.org/wiki egg#toc
<sp33chy> egg - Wiktionary | ToC: English; Pronunciation; Etymology 1; Noun; Translations; Verb; Translations 2; Derived terms; See also; Etymology 2; Verb 2; Translations 3; Derived terms 2; Faroese; Etymology; Pronunciation 2; Noun 2; Declension; Noun 3; Declension 2; Icelandic; Pronunciation 3; Etymology 1 2; Noun 4; Declension 3; Synonyms; Derived terms 3; Etymology 2 2; Noun 5; Synonyms 2; Derived terms 4;
<sp33chy> Derived terms 5; Norwegian; Etymology 2; Noun 6; Old Norse; Noun 7; References; Swedish; Pronunciation 4; Noun 8 @ http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/egg#toc
<speechles> !wm .en.wiktionary.org/wiki egg#etymo
<sp33chy> egg - Wiktionary | Etymology 1 From Old Norse egg, from Proto-Germanic *ajjam, by Holtzmann's Law from Proto-Indo-European *h₂ōwyóm. @ http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/egg#Etymology_1 [1 Redirect(s)]
Now this is all and good, but that sure is going to be hard for users to remember. This is where you then craft "custom trigger phrases" and create your own special triggers to simplify this for your users.
# Custom Trigger Phrasing
# This is used to customize triggers and for
# constructing phrases to pass, format is:
# "custom-trigger:trigger-to-associate-with:phrase-to-pass"
# within the phrase-to-pass, %search% = the users input.. but,
# if this is passed onto another custom trigger it will become
# the enitre phrase which was passed from the trigger before it.
# hopefully people understand how to use these, and remember
# to read the lines below this at least twice before
# constructiong your phrasing...
# DO NOT USE YOUR COMMAND CHAR IN THESE IT IS ASSUMED.
# special tcl characters MUST be escaped for you to acheive greatness.
This is basically the documentation explaining the feature. This doesn't explain much and I can explain a bit further.

Suppose users could simply type:
!syn <word/phrase>
!ant <word/phrase>
!ety <word/phrase>

Giving synonyms, antonyms, and etymology of any word. This would be possible using wiktionary. And the custom trigger phrase to allow these would be:
"syn:wm:.en.wiktionary.org/wiki %search%#synon"
"ant:wm:.en.wiktionary.org/wiki %search%#anton"
"ety:wm:.en.wiktionary.org/wiki %search%#etym"

To merely add support for wiktionary, under say, the trigger !wkt use what is below within your custom trigger phrase list:
"wkt:wm:.en.wiktionary.org/wiki %search%"

There is more possible using the "custom words" option within your custom trigger phrases. But this might be more than you need at this point. If you, or anyone has more questions about how to use custom_trigger_phrasing or "custom words" to create your own custom triggers just ask.. :)

Note: notice above the full anchors are "etymology" and "synonyms" but when using anchors users can abbreviate these, matching is done as direct match -> begins the anchor -> anywhere in the anchor. As long as what you use as your #anchor is found within the #toc this will produce results. When this isn't true, you will get an error (like using the anchor antonyms on egg, there is no antonyms). This is expected, a feature, and not a bug.. ;P

Also of Note: The custom trigger phrase list comes pre-built with some default examples (albeit rather simple examples) but these should explain more on how to construct these. You can also construct "nested" recursive trigger phrases, where one custom trigger phrase calls another. There is an example of how to constuct "nested" types as well; rs and rsmp3. But again, this is the most basic and simplest examples. Using "custom words" along with "nested" custom trigger phrases requires exact knowledge of how this recursion works. If you need help constructing something, make a post and ask... ;D
Anahel
Halfop

Post by Anahel »

thank you very much for it, i knew that this script has much more features than you think at first look

only problem is that Polish wiktionary doesn't use anchors so syn ety and ant are useless so i left them in english :)
<&tomek> !wkt test
<&Nekomimi> test - Wikisłownik, wolny wielojęzyczny słownik | wymowa: IPA: [tɛst], AS: [test] znaczenia: rzeczownik, rodzaj męski (1.1) próba podejmowana, aby uzyskać odpowiedź na postawione pytania (1.2) egzamin, sprawdzian (1.3) techn.technika obraz próbny w telewizorze odmiana: przykłady: (1.1) składnia: kolokacje: synonimy: antonimy: wyrazy pokrewne: rzecz.rzeczownik tester; czas.czasownik
<&Nekomimi> testować związki frazeologiczne: etymologia: ang.angielski test z łaciny uwagi: tłumaczenia: angielski: (1.1-2) test. interlingua: (1.1-2) test. włoski: (1.1-2) test. @ http://pl.wiktionary.org/wiki/test

<&tomek> !ant test
<&Nekomimi> test - Wiktionary | Antonyms (challenge): breeze. (academics, examination): recess. @ http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/test#Antonyms [1 Redirect(s)]

<&tomek> !syn test
<&Nekomimi> test - Wiktionary | Synonyms (challenge): challenge, trial. (academics, examination): quiz, examination. @ http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/test#Synonyms [1 Redirect(s)]

<&tomek> !ety test
<&Nekomimi> test - Wiktionary | Etymology < Old French test(“‘an earthen vessel, esp. a pot in which metals were tried’”) < Latin testum(“‘the lid of an earthen vessel, an earthen vessel, an earthen pot, in Medieval Latin especially an earthenpot in which metals were tried; compare testa(“‘a piece of burned clay, a potsherd’”)’”) < *terstus, pp. of the root seen also in terra for *tersa(“‘dry land’”); see terra,
<&Nekomimi> thirst. @ http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/test#Etymology [1 Redirect(s)]