This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Nothing Seems To Work :-(

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
C
CharlesZink
Voice

Nothing Seems To Work :-(

Post by CharlesZink »

Hi guys,

It's TheNerdTV, I forgot my pass :-)

Anyways, nothing seems to work for me.

I've been reading about eggdrop and the built in commands like .op, etc. None of these work for me, the bot doesn't even respond. Also, I've been reading about the 'partyline' and getting into it by going

Code: Select all

/ctcp <bot nick> CHAT
Once I do that, I get the request, accept, and then I get:
DCC Chat session
-
Client: Terminator (192.168.1.101)
Time: Sun Feb 28 15:45:35 2010
-
Acknowledging chat request...
-
Unable to connect
-
DCC session closed
Any idea? Also, I'm pretty n00b to IRC (Been around it like 5 months_ and brand new to Eggdrop. Also, can anyone suggest any tutorials for scripting? I've been having problems finding an understandable one...

Thanks,
Charles
x
x-y-no
Voice

Post by x-y-no »

The "built in" commands that start with "." only work in DCC chat (i.e. the partyline)

Did you take ownership of the bot? First thing you should do after starting the bot with the -m flag is to go to the channel and:

/msg <botnick> hello

to take ownership. Then

/msg <botnick> pass <password>

to set your password.

After that, you should be able to DCC to the bot using ctcp, like you were trying o do.
C
CharlesZink
Voice

Nope :-(

Post by CharlesZink »

I've done all that and it doesnt work.
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

Your eggdrop tells your irc client to connect to the private IP 192.168.1.101 - this will only work if your client is on the very same LAN as your eggdrop (behind the same SOHO-router/firewall).

As an alternative, you could try /dcc chat <youreggie>, which causes your eggdrop to try and connect to you instead.
NML_375
C
CharlesZink
Voice

Sorta...

Post by CharlesZink »

Ok, I found one of my problems (at least I think it was a problem) was that I hadn't changed the permissions on my .conf file to 755, which I've been reading you need to do.

I tried /DCC CHAT Terminator and it works...Sometimes. Occasionally it will connect and other times it will still time out. It never seems to work 100% right 100% of the time.

If it helps any, I'm hosting it on a VPS, and the irc server is TysonBrooksNET (irc.tysonbrooks.net) it's not very well known.