This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

i need help with this tcl please

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
m
mj_thug4life
Voice

i need help with this tcl please

Post by mj_thug4life »

hello.. i need someones help on this one..
its markey's unocolor 0.98.7.
the tcl script says

# Default settings (these are overridden by uno.cfg)
set UnoAds 1
set UnoDebug 0
set UnoChan "#alluno"

but im trying to make it work on more than 1 channel.. ive tried keeping a (space and/or comma) between the 2 channels, and edited the .cfg file too and kept a (space and/or comma) between the channel names also, but with no results..
i havent got any experiance with tcl scripts, so ive got no idea if i need to change anything within the script itself.

thnx for the help in advance..
p.s. i dont know if its right to do so or not, but ive tried "*" <- star sign, but with no result either =)..
TCL_no_TK
Owner

Post by TCL_no_TK »

Have you read the documents? or the README file? I dont think Uno.tcl supports multi channels, sorry.
m
mj_thug4life
Voice

Post by mj_thug4life »

thnx for the reply.. and yes i have read them, but with no information on multi-chans..

and if its not, how could i make it join mylti chans, or work on anychan that the bot is in..
it might be too much to ask but it would be appreciated..
TCL_no_TK
Owner

Post by TCL_no_TK »

The best way would be to ask the author of the script. Mostly, due to the fact that any modifications will require there permission anyway. But i dont think the script would work, if was "edited" to work in all channels/multi-channels. :?
m
mj_thug4life
Voice

Post by mj_thug4life »

hmm thnx again for the reply :) but many scripts works in other channels.. and i would contact him if i could find him .. thnx again.. and if any1 has something to add or has a way that i havent done already please share it .. without any rule breaking..
Trixar_za
Op

Post by Trixar_za »

One possible solution would be to create a second copy of the script (named something like uno2.tcl) using different variables and names for everything (the simplest would probably to just replace "Uno" with "Uno2" with the replace function in a text editor) and create a uno2.cfg file for it.

Not an elegant solution, but will probably do what you want.

EDIT: There are more variables to change:
Robin to Robin2 - Player to Player2 - Card to Card2 - Pile to Pile2 - Color to Color2 - IsDraw to IsDraw2 - MasterDeck to MasterDeck2 and Period to Period2

This is from a quick glance though - remember to set the replace function so that it matches case otherwise you may get some trouble with the commands.
m
mj_thug4life
Voice

Post by mj_thug4life »

thank you for the reply :) i will try it out tomorrow and let every1 know for anyone else that might need this later on.