This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

UNOFFICIAL incith-google 2.1x (Nov30,2o12)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
pogue
Voice

Post by pogue »

speechles wrote:Time and locations work again.
Always appreciate the update speechles, but I have to say I prefer the old time function to be honest. The !time command no longer works :(

I've been working on a basic documentation and overview of the features of the Google script, which can be found here:

http://pogue.to/bbchat/google.html

Feel free to correct any of it. It's entirely incomplete and I didn't know how to use the !wikimedia command properly. Obviously it's somewhat specific to my bot and my IRC network, but I noticed that quite a few of the commands are broken which I also wanted to point out.

!google patent ## doesn't seem to search for a patent within the Google Patents site. I'm not sure what exactly this is doing, but it does return search results.
!google movie:movie name returns no results
!google ??? airport just seems to return search results for the airport code. I might be misunderstanding the usage of this command.
!ebay is getting HTML tags in the output
!torrent appears to be broken as it says no results were found for any search
!dailymotion also says no results were found for any search
!ign just returns "iGN results" and nothing else
!myspace returns no results
!scholar returns no results
Helpful Tools:
  • Notepad++: Windows Text Editor with TCL Syntax Highlighting
  • Pastebin TCL: For easy script collaboration
x
x0x
Op

Post by x0x »

Code: Select all

Tcl error [incith::google::public_message]: can't read "reply": no such variable
The !yt trigger gives me this error. I had this before a few years ago. Using UNOFFICIAL incith:google-1.9.9r1.
i
iggy
Voice

Post by iggy »

youtube and ebay doesn't seem to work any longer.
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

For new version, see bottom of post ... :P
pogue wrote:
Always appreciate the update speechles, but I have to say I prefer the old time function to be honest. The !time command no longer works :(
You mean the other script, worldtime? or the command !google time <somewhere> because it does indeed work. The worldtime script unfortunately I haven't updated and no one else has either.. If this is what you meant I can fix the worldtime script.
pogue wrote:I've been working on a basic documentation and overview of the features of the Google script, which can be found here:

Feel free to correct any of it. It's entirely incomplete and I didn't know how to use the !wikimedia command properly. Obviously it's somewhat specific to my bot and my IRC network, but I noticed that quite a few of the commands are broken which I also wanted to point out.
Indeed, there is an enormous oversight on my behalf. I've always meant to do something similar, but always spent the time I had fixing the script rather than document it's abilities. The custom-trigger-phrase portion of the documentation is the part where people get lost. To develop triggers for this requires understanding how to construct them. I can explain this in detail if you need so.
pogue wrote:!google patent ## doesn't seem to search for a patent within the Google Patents site. I'm not sure what exactly this is doing, but it does return search results.
Yeah, it's supposed to return google one-box results for patents. Google changed this awhile ago to a seperate search engine outside google's regular one to search for patents. This isn't incorporated yet so might not work as originally intended any longer.
pogue wrote:!google movie:movie name returns no results.
Yep, same as above. This was handled by google's regular search engine and the results given as onebox answers, but not any longer. They use a custom seperate search field that requires the "&near=" field and a location now. This will be incorporated in a later version.
pogue wrote:!google ??? airport just seems to return search results for the airport code. I might be misunderstanding the usage of this command.
Not sure what this is supposed to do myself, doesn't really appear useful. This is another one of those that may get deprecated and removed unless I can find a way to update it... heh
pogue wrote:!ebay is getting HTML tags in the output
That and !ebay on the .com server was serving up multiple templates. One of these templates the script could not understand so was effectively breaking it. This has been corrected, !ebay now works as normal for every server.
pogue wrote:!torrent appears to be broken as it says no results were found for any search
It isn't broken. The problem is mininova was taking to court and was forced to filter copyrighted material. The net-effect is it renders !torrent useless now. Where before 20+million things were shared, your lucky to find 20,000 today. Most of them can be found elsewhere than using torrents rendering mininova as garbage. If you can name a torrent site, one that is as large as supernova/mininova were in their prime I can alter the script to support it.
pogue wrote:!dailymotion also says no results were found for any search
It works now and also works with multiple languages and servers.
pogue wrote:ign just returns "iGN results" and nothing else
This has also been fixed, rejoice. Slight altering of what can be displayed though, the information given in the search now differs from what it was before.
pogue wrote:!myspace returns no results
It has been corrected and enhanced. Works perfectly ;)
pogue wrote:!scholar returns no results
This one is going to be deprecated and removed. Think of some other google-related website that you would like to replace it and in a future version !scholar will be removed and !thatsite will take it's place.

... Get the new script here:Incith:Google v1.9.9r3
pogue
Voice

Post by pogue »

speechles wrote:For new version, see bottom of post ... :P
pogue wrote:
You mean the other script, worldtime? or the command !google time <somewhere> because it does indeed work. The worldtime script unfortunately I haven't updated and no one else has either.. If this is what you meant I can fix the worldtime script.
Actually, the !time command is working fine. That's my mistake.
speechles wrote:
pogue wrote:I've been working on a basic documentation and overview of the features of the Google script, which can be found here:

Indeed, there is an enormous oversight on my behalf. I've always meant to do something similar, but always spent the time I had fixing the script rather than document it's abilities. The custom-trigger-phrase portion of the documentation is the part where people get lost. To develop triggers for this requires understanding how to construct them. I can explain this in detail if you need so.
Yes, I would be very interested to learn how the custom trigger phrase capabilities work to make custom searches. All of this I will add into my very early guide I have linked and then hopefully it could be a collaborative effort to make some good documentation for this script.
speechles wrote:
pogue wrote:!google patent ## doesn't seem to search for a patent within the Google Patents site. I'm not sure what exactly this is doing, but it does return search results.
Yeah, it's supposed to return google one-box results for patents. Google changed this awhile ago to a seperate search engine outside google's regular one to search for patents. This isn't incorporated yet so might not work as originally intended any longer.
Google Patents is an interesting tool for research, so it would come in handy.
speechles wrote:
pogue wrote:!google movie:movie name returns no results.
Yep, same as above. This was handled by google's regular search engine and the results given as onebox answers, but not any longer. They use a custom seperate search field that requires the "&near=" field and a location now. This will be incorporated in a later version.
Ok, cool, good to hear.
speechles wrote:
pogue wrote:!google ??? airport just seems to return search results for the airport code. I might be misunderstanding the usage of this command.
Not sure what this is supposed to do myself, doesn't really appear useful. This is another one of those that may get deprecated and removed unless I can find a way to update it... heh
Yeah, I'm not sure what usefulness an airport lookup might be, other than to check flight times or something like that. But, I can't see it being very popular or necessary for day to day usage.
speechles wrote:
pogue wrote:!torrent appears to be broken as it says no results were found for any search
It isn't broken. The problem is mininova was taking to court and was forced to filter copyrighted material. The net-effect is it renders !torrent useless now. Where before 20+million things were shared, your lucky to find 20,000 today. Most of them can be found elsewhere than using torrents rendering mininova as garbage. If you can name a torrent site, one that is as large as supernova/mininova were in their prime I can alter the script to support it.
ThePirateBay is the only other one that comes to mind. There is a Torrent metasearch that I have used in the past called TorrentPond but I don't know if you could scrape the results for output to IRC. But, maybe just one of the engines in there could be used to replace mininova instead. I really don't use bittorrent much so I don't keep up with the latest search engines for it.
speechles wrote:
pogue wrote:!myspace returns no results
It has been corrected and enhanced. Works perfectly ;)
Good deal. How about a !facebook search next? :)
speechles wrote:
pogue wrote:!scholar returns no results
This one is going to be deprecated and removed. Think of some other google-related website that you would like to replace it and in a future version !scholar will be removed and !thatsite will take it's place.
I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but if I do, I'll let you know. I still think Amazon would be a good search function, but maybe some other posters in this thread can come up with alternate ideas.

speechles wrote:... Get the new script here:Incith:Google v1.9.9r3
Thanks, as usual,
pogue
Helpful Tools:
K
Koo
Voice

Post by Koo »

Thank you for the update speechles. :)

Anyway here's the result I've got when I typed !g time Japan:
<Me> !g time japan
<Bot> 12:58am Tuesday (JST) - Time in Japan @ http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_JP.aspx
Could you edit it to become like this:
<Me> !g time japan
<Bot> 12:58am Tuesday, June 7 2010 (JST) - Time in Japan
or something like that. I want it to display the date as well. :)

Besides that,
<Me>!g timezone Singapore
<Bot> Singapore Time zone SST
How to fix this?

Thanks in advance. :D

pogue wrote:Good deal. How about a !facebook search next? :D
I think that's a good idea. Although I'm not a Facebook user myself but I think most people who are using this awesome script would be happy to see that trigger added into the script. :)
t
transacid
Voice

Post by transacid »

Tcl error [incith::google::public_message]: can't read "state(body)": no such variable
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

transacid wrote:

Tcl error [incith::google::public_message]: can't read "state(body)": no such variable

#change from
    variable use_gzip 1
#change to
    variable use_gzip 0
#solved
t
transacid
Voice

Post by transacid »

speechles wrote:
transacid wrote:

#change from
    variable use_gzip 1
#change to
    variable use_gzip 0
#solved
I always forget about that. when a new release comes out. i have to change debug to off, separator to \n and this. i always forget it. Can't you turn it off by default? or are there a lot of people using compression? it's not that bandwidth really matters these days.
n
neocratic
Voice

Define command not working

Post by neocratic »

!g define:word << this command was very useful ... this command is not working at all so fix this asap :D
n
neocratic
Voice

Re: Define command not working

Post by neocratic »

neocratic wrote:!g define:word << this command was very useful ... this command is not working at all so fix this asap :D
oh updated to latest version.. and it is working well thanks :D
spithash
Master

Post by spithash »

!images doesn't work at all...

I get no errors but it just doesn't work at all... no reply from the bot...

any ideas what seems to be the problem ?
Libera ##rtlsdr & ##re - Nick: spithash
Click here for troll.tcl
spithash
Master

Post by spithash »

I just realised that google images website has changed ... :?

It works though if you're not using .com

I used co.uk as google search country string and it's still the old design, it works perfect... I don't know for how long..
Click here for troll.tcl
spithash
Master

Post by spithash »

...And we are back to not working again.. :lol:

They updated all images.gogle.* sites and it's not working at all now.

speechles any news/updates :?: :!:
Click here for troll.tcl
pogue
Voice

Post by pogue »

spithash wrote:...And we are back to not working again.. :lol:

They updated all images.gogle.* sites and it's not working at all now.

speechles any news/updates :?: :!:
Google changed their format output for images, so obviously that's going to need to be changed entirely.

Currency exchange also is no longer working (ie: !g 1usd to euro)
Helpful Tools: