This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

CTCP Chat problem

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
D
DKLeader
Voice

CTCP Chat problem

Post by DKLeader »

Hi,

Running a server with Debian Lenny, UnrealIRCD, sBNC1.1, Anope and trying to get Eggdrop to work too.

This is what I get when I start EggDrop :
Eggdrop v1.6.19+ctcpfix (C) 1997 Robey Pointer (C) 2008 Eggheads
[09:02] --- Loading eggdrop v1.6.19+ctcpfix (Fri Jun 12 2009)
[09:02] Listening at telnet port 30037 (all).
[09:02] Module loaded: blowfish
[09:02] Module loaded: dns
[09:02] Module loaded: channels
[09:02] Module loaded: server
[09:02] Module loaded: ctcp
[09:02] Module loaded: irc
[09:02] Module loaded: notes (with lang support)
[09:02] Module loaded: console (with lang support)
[09:02] Module loaded: uptime
[09:02] Userinfo TCL v1.07 loaded (URL BF GF IRL EMAIL DOB PHONE ICQ).
[09:02] use '.help userinfo' for commands.
[09:02] Userfile loaded, unpacking...
USERFILE ALREADY EXISTS (drop the '-m')
[09:02] === CZGEggBot: 0 channels, 1 users.
Launched into the background (pid: 3428)
Once I try to connect through CTCP I get this :
DCC Chat session
-
Client: CZGEggBot (192.168.1.15)
Time: Fri Jun 12 09:40:01 2009
-
Acknowledging chat request...
-
Unable to connect
-
DCC session closed
I do not know were the IP (192.168.1.15) comes from as the server is running on a static IP.
I have done /msg CZGEggBot Hello and set pass.

Anyone that can tell me what I have done wrong?
M
Mewbie
Voice

Post by Mewbie »

I dont know if this will help but this is how I communicate with my bot on IRC:
/ctcp bots.name CHAT
/DCCANSWER bots.name

sorry if no help..
C
CtrlAltDel
Halfop

Post by CtrlAltDel »

DKLeader:

USERFILE ALREADY EXISTS (drop the '-m')
pay attention to what you see. start the bot with .eggdrop <config name> not .eggdrop -m <config name>

2. 192.168.1.15 means that the bot is behind the same router as you and will not connect. use Mewbie's suggestion (/ctcp bots.name CHAT).
D
DKLeader
Voice

Post by DKLeader »

I still have the same problem with my EggDrop.

I have dropped -m.

I have tried
/ctcp bots.name CHAT
/DCCANSWER bots.name
But were does it get the IP 192.168.1.15 ?
It is running on a server connected directly to the net.
Is there any setup / config were this can be set?
I my bots.name.conf file I have set the right IP that is being used.
V
VampireLord
Voice

Post by VampireLord »

why is it that everytime i /ctcp [botnick] chat
the bot will rclose dcc chat when i do /dccanseer [botnick]
arfer
Master

Post by arfer »

DKLeader, the IP address 192.168.1.15 is not a legal external IP. Rather it would indicate that your connection goes via some form of routing mechanism and your server has an internal (private LAN) IP of 192.168.1.15

As regards getting on the partyline, numerous people have reported the same type of issue. Some cannot use \DCC chat but can use \CTCP botnick chat. Others cannot seem to use either method but can get on the partyline via telnet to 127.0.0.1 if their telnet client is on the same machine as the Eggdrop process, or otherwise to the Eggdrops true external IP (in either case to the port set in the bot's .conf file and NOT to the standard telnet port). Some cannot get on the partyline by any means.

Over time I have also seen numerous solutions, including fiddling with things like the NAT IP in the bot's .conf file. Perhaps others more knowledgeable than me can help you further with such settings. I can probably help you with \DCC chat but only if you have admin access to the routing device. Having said that, it seems that all routers are different. If you google +router +dcc you will see a multitude of results.

My solution was to set the DCC port range in my IRC client and then to create a virtual server on my router which directed traffic on the same port range to my machines internal IP.

Remember that, you will not usually get on the partyline if your Eggdrop does not recognise your host.
I must have had nothing to do
K
Koo
Voice

Post by Koo »

Hmm...what if I had a problem like this?

I try to CTCP Chat my bot but the got this message:
DCC Chat connection established
Then the bot doesn't do something like a normal eggdrop bot should do (like asking "Please enter your name" or something like that). But when I type something during that process (e.g: my name, etc.) then I will get this kind of message:
DCC session closed
What should I do?

Sorry for asking this n00bish question. >.<
m
marvz
Halfop

Post by marvz »

Koo wrote:Hmm...what if I had a problem like this?

I try to CTCP Chat my bot but the got this message:
DCC Chat connection established
Then the bot doesn't do something like a normal eggdrop bot should do (like asking "Please enter your name" or something like that). But when I type something during that process (e.g: my name, etc.) then I will get this kind of message:
DCC session closed
What should I do?

Sorry for asking this n00bish question. >.<
If the bot is hosted within the same machine that you're trying to DCC to it will not work. It has to do with a masquerading router. Refer to what arfer typed:
arfer wrote:As regards getting on the partyline, numerous people have reported the same type of issue. Some cannot use \DCC chat but can use \CTCP botnick chat. Others cannot seem to use either method but can get on the partyline via telnet to 127.0.0.1 if their telnet client is on the same machine as the Eggdrop process, or otherwise to the Eggdrops true external IP (in either case to the port set in the bot's .conf file and NOT to the standard telnet port). Some cannot get on the partyline by any means.
I had the same problem when I tried to dcc chat with my bot. Here's another useful post from nml when I was having that issue:
nml375 wrote:Then, unfortunately, dcc chat between clients behind that firewall/router will probably not work. However, you can still gain access to the partyline using a telnet client.
Look up which port your eggdrop listens for users (see your config-file, look for 'listen'). Then connect to 127.0.0.1 using that port (telnet 127.0.0.1 12345).
I simply telnet to the 127.0.0.1 ip and port and communicate with the bot that way. Hope it helps.