This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

[Windrop]dequeue_sockets()errno = 128

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
R
Rizyq
Voice

[Windrop]dequeue_sockets()errno = 128

Post by Rizyq »

I've been trying to set up Windrop for the past few days, and the latest error that I've gotten (and have been unable to fix) is:

dequeue_sockets()errno = 128 (Transport endpoint is not connected) on 6

And this repeats over and over.

I'm running the "runonce.bat" with -mn.

And, I read that this problem is with the "my-hostname" part of the Basic Settings.

I've tried a few things that I could think/read putting as it "localhost" and the hostname I get from googling "my hostname" as well as my IP (dunno why) and that's about it.

Please bare with me, as I'm a total newbie at this stuff, so I probably ended up doing something stupid.

EDIT:

I do not have a firewall running, so that can't be the problem.
w
willyw
Revered One

Re: [Windrop]dequeue_sockets()errno = 128

Post by willyw »

Rizyq wrote: ...
And, I read that this problem is with the "my-hostname" part of the Basic Settings.

Just curious - what happens if you don't use "my-hostname" setting at all.. ..Just leaving it commented out?

I ask, because I keep a Windrop set up, but not running. I find it handy for quick testing of most scripts.
I just checked its eggdrop.conf, and "my-hostname" is not used. It is commented out.
Where? Can you post a link?
R
Rizyq
Voice

Post by Rizyq »

It doesn't work when I comment out my-hostname, sorry I forgot to mention that.

And the link:

http://windrop.sourceforge.net/faq.html ... cted%29%27

The Windrop FAQ.
A2: Make sure you are using the correct my-hostname and my-hostname in the 'BASIC SETTINGS' section of your eggdrop config file. In most cases these settings aren't required.
Is what it says.

I'd assume it saying "my-hostname" twice, one meant to say "my-ip"
Unless there's a second my-hostname I'm missing.

And, if I edit my "my-ip" from "127.0.0.1" or comment it out, I get another error, "Can't determine your hostname" or something like that.

EDIT:

If it matters, I'm using the most recent version of Windrop, V1.6.20 Handlen32.

I can try to use the one without Handlen, if you think that would help.

As well as being on Windows Vista, 64 bit, I believe.
w
willyw
Revered One

Post by willyw »

Thanks for the replies to the questions.

For what it may be worth, my test bot - the Windrop - is v 1.6.19, and runs under Win 7 64 bit.

Let's be sure about this:
I do not have a firewall running, so that can't be the problem.
First, are absolutely sure you have no firewall? Some firewall software seems to be tricky, in that when you tell it to be "off", it really isn't.
What firewall software do you have? How many?

Also, what about a hardware firewall? Do you have a router?

What kind of internet connection do you have? cable, dsl, or... ?

Next, have you experimented with set nat-ip ?

Sorry that I can't be definitive,.. I wish I could. I'm thinking that if we keep digging, we'll turn up something. :) Maybe somebody else will jump in here, as you keep reporting info.
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

Setting my-ip to 127.0.0.1 is not a good idea, since that interface is a localhost-only interface (so your eggdrop will not be able to connect to the internet). Further, the IP address you specify here Must exist on one of the network interfaces on the host - so use the ipconfig program to check which IP addresses are available on your host.

Also, my-ip and my-hostname affects the very same internal setting, so setting both will cause the latter to overwrite the previous one (Thus, only set one of them, not both). my-ip will be used as is, while the my-hostname will trigger a dns lookup of the value, storing the resulting IP address.
NML_375
R
Rizyq
Voice

Post by Rizyq »

@Willyw
I just have the pre-installed windows firewall, which I completely disabled, and I checked it, and nothing should be blocking it with that.

I do have a router, and in one part of the config it say something about a port range, which I forwarded in my router.

I have my nat-ip set to my outside IP address (which I hope is correct, I might be wrong with that)

I don't think I've messed with that much.

@nml375

As I said, I'm a newbie to this all, and I'm assuming you mean the IPv4 Address (which I might be wrong :oops: )

If I set it to my IPv4 adress (192.168.1.3 if it matters) I get "Couldn't look up your hostname" with My-hostname commented out.

With my-hostname set to "localhost"

or

If I set it to my hostname according to http://www.displaymyhostname.com/
I still get the same error.

And, if I set my-ip to "192.168.1.1" (My default gateway) I get:
"Failed to connect to irc.esper.net (Cannot assign requested address)"
For the same 3 hostnames above, I get the same error.

Same if I set my-ip to my outside IP, according to http://www.ipchicken.com
I still get the (Cannot assign request address)

And, I messed with my nat-ip with no difference.

Setting it to 192.168.1.3 or 192.168.1.1 , comment it out, or set it to my outside ip it makes no difference.
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

Rizyq:
The proper value for my-ip would then be "192.168.1.3". The "Couldn't look up your hostname" message should not be a fatal error (in fact, I can't even find it within the sourcecode of eggdrop). I wonder if this isn't a notice from the irc-server you are connecting to?

You can't set my-hostname to localhost, as this is just an alias for 127.0.0.1, which though a valid interface address, it's not routed outside your computer.

Since your eggdrop is behind a NAT (masquerading router/firewall), you should NOT set my-ip to your external address, you will need to set nat-ip to that value for dcc to work though.
NML_375
w
willyw
Revered One

Post by willyw »

Rizyq:

Have you tried it on different servers/networks? or just one?
N
Nimos
Halfop

Post by Nimos »

Well, I have exactly the same problem. I am using my Windrop installation for script-testing for a long time without errors until today.

I googled a bit, but didnt find any of the solutions helpful in my case... Now im reading this Threat, and on willyws post I just put .jump irc.freenode.net into my partyline, et voila, it connected regulary.

Our error seems to be a somehow serversided issue...

EDIT:
Update: Fixed the issue by setting the server to one of the subservers of my network. (For expample if you use qnet, set your server to "underworld1.no.quakenet.org")

Helped in my case!
R
Rizyq
Voice

Post by Rizyq »

That actually makes sense, thanks for all the help so far.

I'll test it out when I get home.

EDIT:

Well, I got it to connect to another IRC server, but after that I seemed to have messed something up in the config file, and if I use runonce.bat it closes right after I press a key :/

And I can't seem to find what the problem is, looking through the config file.
w
willyw
Revered One

Post by willyw »

Try opening a cmd prompt window, first.
Navigate to your botdir with CD command.
Then try launching the bot with -n

Reference:

Code: Select all

d:\windrop>eggdrop -h

Eggdrop v1.6.19 (C) 1997 Robey Pointer (C) 2008 Eggheads

Usage: eggdrop [options] [config-file]

Options:
  -h   help
  -n   Don't background; send all log entries to console.
  -nc  Don't background; display channel stats every 10 seconds.
  -nt  Don't background; use terminal to simulate DCC chat.
  -m   Create userfile.
  -h   Show this help.
  -v   Show version info, then quit.

d:\windrop>
As in:
eggdrop -n eggdrop.conf

This way, when the bot attempts to start, if it errors, etc., you should be able to see the errors in the cmd prompt window.

R
Rizyq
Voice

Post by Rizyq »

I currently have the RunOnce.bat (probably should have specified this) to run eggdrop -mn

(I'm not very familiar with command line, or .bat files, but I'm guessing this does the same thing)

adding "eggdrop.conf" to the end of the line, and/or removing the "m" from "-mn" doesn't help :/

I think I might have an older copy of my config file somewhere, I'll go search for it

EDIT:

And, with the older copy of the config file still closes.
The config file was the one I had when I first posted this thread.

EDIT [Again]:

Using the old config with a fresh install of Windrop (in a different directory, which doesn't really matter...) doesn't instantly close the command line.

EDIT:

I figured out the problem, it was because I had (accidently) un-commented a line about logging (I think) and I got it to work, and join the channel :)

Issue resolved.

Should I edit the OP and add "[Resolved]" or something to the title?

EDIT:

Hmm (Idk if I should start a new thread for this or not...)

I got the bot all set up, /msg hello it, and set a password, and I got the "you can now run it without -m mode"

But, when I try to just run eggdrop.exe it opens then closes instantly.

If I do it with a .bat file with -n it works fine.

EDIT [Sorry for large amounts of edits, I do not like double-posting, especially while my topic is still most recent]:

I had another error with my bot, and I'm not sure whether or not I should start a new thread.

I'll just post it here, I guess...

Whenever I try to /dcc chat <botnick> or /ctcp <botnick> chat
I get an error (either on the IRC client, or in the command line) saying
"No Password set"

If it matters, I have bMotion installed, and I got it set up (I hope) correctly, but I can't enable it without use of one of those (Or telnet, which I'd rather not have to download a client, and such)

But, any way to fix the "No Password set" ?

I have myself in the owners list.
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

You can set a password using the PASS msg command.
NML_375
R
Rizyq
Voice

Post by Rizyq »

Alright, got that fixed...

Fixed all my problems for now, hopefully that's all :D