This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Script load...no error...no work

Help for those learning Tcl or writing their own scripts.
Cr4sh
Halfop

Script load...no error...no work

Post by Cr4sh »

I've copied in the /scripts folder and update eggdrop.conf.
During the eggdrop's boot the scripts are loaded correctly, but nothing works...
I've no error message. :cry:
w
willyw
Revered One

Re: Script load...no error...no work

Post by willyw »

Cr4sh wrote:I've copied in the /scripts folder and update eggdrop.conf.
During the eggdrop's boot the scripts are loaded correctly, but nothing works...
Please provide more info.

What is the script supposed to do?

Is it very long? (If short, post it here). If long, then where did you get it? maybe somebody would want to look at it.

Were there instructions in the script comments? Have you followed them closely?

Were there setting that you need to configure?

Does the bot ignore everybody? or just certain users?

How about this:

Code: Select all

/msg <botnick> help
Does the bot reply to you when you send that?

You said that you have no error message... where? are you watching while logged into the partyline?

These sorts of things might help provide some clues... along with anything else you can think of to add.
Trixar_za
Op

Re: Script load...no error...no work

Post by Trixar_za »

Cr4sh wrote:I've copied in the /scripts folder and update eggdrop.conf.
Well, the most common cause I can think of (that doesn't spout errors) is a badly configured script or a script without the right flag set to the channel using .chanset #chan +flag which many scripts require these days.
Cr4sh
Halfop

Post by Cr4sh »

Seems that the bot ignore me (i'm building a new channel, there aren't other user).
I've deleted all the files (user, pid, channel, etc) then i've launched the bot again with -m to create new ones.
On channel to

/msg <botnick> hello
i haven't response...
d
dj-zath
Op

Post by dj-zath »

do you see the bot logged into the proper channel? (try a /whois <botname> to see if the bname there is actually your bot)

once you verified that its your bot.. next try to /msg it with "pass" or, "help" and see if it responds..

after you so this- if you get a response or not, shut down the bot and then open the .user file and see if it created a profile with YOUR nick (this woud suggest that it can see you... and then its lack of response woud be somethig else)

when you load the bot, do you see any messages stateing "missing core language"?

are you running the bot on a proper SHELL (you can't run it on a "website only" shell..)

just some ideas to help you along :)

-DjZ-
:) :)
Cr4sh
Halfop

Post by Cr4sh »

dj-zath wrote:do you see the bot logged into the proper channel? (try a /whois <botname> to see if the bname there is actually your bot)
dj-zath wrote:once you verified that its your bot.. next try to /msg it with "pass" or, "help" and see if it responds..
No response also, if i delete all system files (user, chan, pid, etc) run the bot and on the channel try with "/msg <botnick> hello" nothing happens.
With telnet it responds correctly; on IRC never give me a response, also after a telnet identify.

EDIT:I've uncommented, for an error, the two lines for shut up the bot to the hello message

#unbind msg - hello *msg:hello
 #bind msg - myword *msg:hello
Now the bot has identify me as a owner...

I would like to use incith-google 1.8.8 script from http://www.egghelp.org but with !g command i have no results.