This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Eggdrop installed and working, what now?

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
g
galaumiy
Voice

Eggdrop installed and working, what now?

Post by galaumiy »

Hello, I am pretty new to IRC and have a large community with a new IRC chat. I added Eggdrop to this.

I thought installing a BOT is more fun for my visitors, however how does this Eggdrop talk back?

What am I supposed to do now?
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

Seriously? Really? This can't be a real post... lmfao

But if it is...
YOU HAVE TO MAKE IT DO THESE THINGS!

Eggdrop doesn't just gain sentience and immediately start conversations with people. This is what your users do as they are human. Eggdrop doesn't form skynet and send cyborgs to the past in an attempt to kill John Connors mother. This is what "those movies" make you think is possible.

So, to give an appearance from your eggdrop that it may be a real person. There are scripts and modules that extend eggdrops native functionality. Either for fun or for artificial intelligence.

BTW, your post has been nominated for "best rookie post" of the year award. Hope you win ;D
g
galaumiy
Voice

Post by galaumiy »

lol, well thank you.

I managed to find some tcl scripts from the archive, but did not managed to find the one I was looking for..

An example is the greet script which was listed in the populair scripts. However it not working correctly.
I added the line: source scripts/autogreet.tcl
but no success ..

and I saw it on some IRC chats, bots talking to human back etc...

But your post made me look stupid lol

PS: It is running on a Ubuntu Linux machine
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

galaumiy wrote:lol, well thank you.
You're welcome ;)
galaumiy wrote:I managed to find some tcl scripts from the archive, but did not managed to find the one I was looking for..
Look more. Look on Google as well as the tcl-archive here.
galaumiy wrote:An example is the greet script which was listed in the populair scripts. However it not working correctly.
I added the line: source scripts/autogreet.tcl
but no success ..
Did you read the config section inside of that script? Most use "chanset" flags to control which channels scripts will work in. Read about chanset. Read the config section of that script.

galaumiy wrote:and I saw it on some IRC chats, bots talking to human back etc...
There are several scripts/modules to create an appearance of artificial intelligence on eggdrop. B-Motion, Alice, MegaHAL, Eliza, etc.. etc..
galaumiy wrote:But your post made me look stupid lol
Your post actually did that. Mine was more just making fun of that fact and I apologize... heh
galaumiy wrote:PS: It is running on a Ubuntu Linux machine
Um.. okay... Mine runs on windrop. Platform is really irrelevant for the most part. But knowing you're using Linux, you should be able to figure this out moreso than the average windows user.. Hopefully... ;)
k
kenh83
Halfop

Post by kenh83 »

wow.