This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

read from mysql db

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
b
blake
Master

read from mysql db

Post by blake »

Im looking for something around these lines

What i`m looking for is a script that will check nicknames on connect with a database if they are registered with my website it will allow them in and set there asl details from the db if no asl is detected in the db it should priv msg them with your asl details seem to not be set in your profile please contact an administrator to have these details added to your profile

if they are not registered it will kill the nickname with a message of this nickname appears to not have been registered please visit website to register a nickname to use the chat services there should also be some sort of an exempt rule for nicknames i set ie these will be other eggdrop bots or services nicknames

if any one could help with this it will be a great help
Trixar_za
Op

Post by Trixar_za »

This will need more than just an eggdrop script. You'll need a services that can export to MySQL (like the newer anope or atheme), some timed bridge between the website's database and the services database and finally a script that can query with the services database.

I like the idea of an integrated services and website users profile. But I don't think killing users not registered on your website is all that good of an idea. It pretty much removes the word of mouth and "Come to this cool IRC server" referrals. Most people wouldn't bother with the 15 minutes this will take and if they are too fast for the bridge to update the changes, they'll still get killed when they join. They'll probably end up not bothering and seeking another network without it, possibly dragging their friends and part of your user base with them. But Ultimately, it's your network and your choice.