This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

!idle alike script which is probably easy.

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
w
willyw
Revered One

Post by willyw »

Gewan wrote:The script has served me and friends with perfection for the last months.
Great! :)
Now, it seems I have found the very first bug. Check this out:
<@Gewan> !i iCC0\xD^DASS
<@Eggdrop> "No such server"[/i]

Of course, iCC0\tM^DASS is indeed in the channel. My spontaneous guess tells me that the backslash is what's messing the script's parse. What do you guys think? Suggestions? Anyone care to join for a simple fix? ;)

Ty in advance~
Regards~
I don't know about that. I tested with a nick that included the backslash, and it worked fine.
However, I found what I believe to be part of the problem. It is mistakes by me, that the use of that nick brought to light.

Find this line:

Code: Select all

putserv "whois [join [string trimright [split $text 0]]] [join [string trimright [split $text 0]]]" 
and let's try to fix it again. :)
replace with:

putserv "whois [string trimright [lindex [split $text] 0 ]] [string trimright [lindex [split $text] 0 ]]"
With some quick testing here, it works:
<@mynick> !idle iCC0\xD^DASS
<@botnick> iCC0\xD^DASS has been idle 35 minutes 9 seconds [signon Thu Feb 17 12:25:59 2011]

Let us know if that helps. I hope so. :)
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

why not:

set user [string trimright [lindex [split $text] 0 ]]
putserv "whois $user $user"
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.