This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

CONFIG FILE NOT LOADED (NOT FOUND, OR ERROR)

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
b
bluenight83
Voice

CONFIG FILE NOT LOADED (NOT FOUND, OR ERROR)

Post by bluenight83 »

I am attempting to start my bot by entering the cmd:

./eggdrop -m ho0tBot

Eggdrop v1.6.20 (C) 1997 Robey Pointer (C) 2010 Eggheads
[11:56:33] --- Loading eggdrop v1.6.20 (Sat Feb 19 2011)
[11:56:33] * CONFIG FILE NOT LOADED (NOT FOUND, OR ERROR)

I am in the bot directory when I entered that command. Any ideas what I have done wrong?

btw, I am new to eggdrop and have only been following the instructions at egghelp.org on how to modify config and setup eggdrop with putty and ftp.

:roll:
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

My first suggestion would be to double-check the spelling of the config-file on the commandline.
NML_375
b
bluenight83
Voice

Post by bluenight83 »

Thanks but it is spelled correctly~
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

The lack of any other error message suggests that your eggdrop is unable to find or open the provided config-file. Check that the file in the current directory is readable by the current user (trying "cat hoOtBot" would be one way of testing this).
NML_375
Trixar_za
Op

Post by Trixar_za »

Something tells me there is a misunderstanding here.

Please explain what exactly you mean when running the command:
./eggdrop -m ho0tBot

Is ho0tBot the bot or the config file's name?

If it's the bot's name, then you're not using the command correctly, because it's ./eggdrop -m config-file and if the file is named eggdrop.conf, then it doesn't need to be specified because it gets detected and loaded by default.

If it's the config file's name, then your using the command correctly, but you're probably using the wrong file name. Remember with Linux/Unix that file names and commands are case sensitive. Ho0tbot and ho0tBot are two totally different file names on a Linux/Unix system. Maybe check that you have the case correct.