This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Protect-OPs never works

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
P
ProXy
Op

Protect-OPs never works

Post by ProXy »

Hi, i have +protectops in my eggdrop.complete.conf, but everytime a OP gets deooped by another OP nothing happens. I also tried nearly all Scripts that should deop the OP and reop the deopped user. But nothing happened.

What am i doing wrong?
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

Eggdrop is heavily based on it's user-records. Make sure your ops are added to the bot, have the +o channel or global flag, and that there hostmasks match the user.
P
ProXy
Op

Post by ProXy »

So allt these scripts only work if the user have the flags in eggdrop?
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

In reality, yes!

Else, what would be the point of eggdrop. Normal client scripts could control flooding, and this task with ease.

Eggdrop is designed to protect channels, but it can also provide almost endless possibilities due tot he fact support scripting.

It's protection is user based. So it only protext those it recognises, and is programmed to protect.

For this basic information, I guess you should have read the documentation before getting a shell account.
P
ProXy
Op

Post by ProXy »

I already have a shell account and the eggdrop also works fine. I edit eggdrop.complete.conf and there never were some Problems. The only problems are the tcl Script. Because my channel is OP for all, it is possible for everyone to try a takeover. So i want a script, that automatically DEOPs the user that deoped another user. And the User who gots deoped should get OP back!
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

OK - somthing like the following should do.

Code: Select all

bind mode - "* -o" silly:ops:protect
proc silly:ops:protect {nick uh hand chan ms vict} {
  if {([isbotnick $nick]) || ([matcattr $hand n|n $chan])} { return }
  pushmode $chan -o $nick
  pushmode $chan +o $vict
}
This will allow global or channel owners to deop users, thus keeping some form an sanity, if existant.
P
ProXy
Op

Post by ProXy »

THX alot. I am also looking for some other protection scripts. Does anyone know where to find them (because all scripts here need custom flags on eggdrop for every user)?
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

As stated above. Eggdrop is heavily userfile orientated, and most scripts use this to there advantage.

There are hardly any scripts for eggdrop, for the type of channel you are running (protection wise), due tot he fact that eggdrop is not suited for this situation.

It would have to be a custom script in allmost all situations.
P
ProXy
Op

Post by ProXy »

I just write your source above to a file, called it *.tcl and added the file to the scripts directory. Then i added the source-line to the eggdrop.complete.conf and .rehashèd the eggdrop. The script loaded as well, but when i deop anyone with a nick not know to the eggdrop still nothing happens. Do i have to add the control via DCC-Command?
P
ProXy
Op

Post by ProXy »

The eggdrop says that this command is unknown: matcattr
I
Ian-Highlander
Op

Post by Ian-Highlander »

ppslim has just made a small typo thats all, the command is

Code: Select all

matchattr