This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

challenging voice script

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
s
samhain
Halfop

challenging voice script

Post by samhain »

Hi,
I need an autovoice script, perhaps svoice.tcl modified in such a way, That it should have TWO DCC Commands.

Command1: .add *!*@host.domain Human

Command2: .add *!*@host or *!*@*domain BANLISTS

The human and BANLISTS Should be a list of hosts or domains or ips.

What should the autovoice script do is to check if the user who joined the channel matches Human list then it should give them voice, but in case it matches BANLISTS, then notice the user "You are not voiced due to security reasons" and don't give the user voice in that case.

Here's an example:

.add *!*@*comcast BANLISTS

That means everyone who uses comcast will not get voiced on the channel.

but if i type .add *!*Icechat@78.21321.comcast.net Human
So this user should get auto voiced when it joins. I really need this script because of the floods in my channel, Thanks.
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

Hi,

if the human user has a host like *!*Icechat@78.21321.comcast.net and the banlist one like *!*@*.comcast.net then the bot will always match the banlist user. To be honest I don't know any workaround for this. If anyone else knows one I'm more than happy to learn about it. :)

There's no need to reinvent the wheel since there's .+host that basically dose the same thing, as for the join you need to add a handle check and continue according to it:

Code: Select all

if {$hand == "human"} {
  # voice
} else {
  # notice
}
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
s
samhain
Halfop

Post by samhain »

Hi caesar, Thanks for your reply.

What I'm basically looking for is, a NOVOICE List, Novoice means An autovoice script which has The ability to autovoice everyone with exceptions, and exceptions should be those Which are added in a LIST of novoice. A novoice script which has the ability to add HOSTS, full domains, or nicks, so if a user joins the channel and the bot detects a host or a full domain matched to the user ip address, then the script should ignore the user from autovoice and send him a notice that 'You are not allowed to be voiced on this channel due to security reasons' Or "you are added in novoice list" Also There should be a DCC or private command to add and del hosts from Novoice list. Thanks