This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Eggdrop1.8 CVS

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
p
pags
Voice

Eggdrop1.8 CVS

Post by pags »

Hi im running eggdrop v1.8.0+publistennoident configured with --enable-ipv6

i have an issue with the bot not grabbing the correct ip6 this is what i have set in the config file

Code: Select all

set my-ip "72.22.88.88"
set my-ip6 "2002:4816:5858::5"
set my-hostname6 "bigbad.6to4-72-22-88-88.romeo7.net"
and this is how the bot appears on irc
Online as: bigbad!pags@2002:4816:5858:0:0:0:2:9

anyone know a fix for this ?
t
thommey
Halfop

Post by thommey »

That's because those settings aren't used by eggdrop. They look like those used by the 3rd party ipv6 patch(es) floating around. doc/IPV6 describes the settings that are actually used (vhost6). You also might want to take a look at the example config file changes here to adapt your config to make use of all features.
p
pags
Voice

Post by pags »

okay thanks, will read, assuming is always bad i guess..

i fillowed the install guide here http://eggheads.org/devel/ why does it not offer a new example.conf thats the first thing i checked when i installed via cvs to look for changes in the example config
p
pseudo
Halfop

Post by pseudo »

pags wrote: okay thanks, will read, assuming is always bad i guess..

i fillowed the install guide here http://eggheads.org/devel/
That's not an install guide. The install guide is obviously the INSTALL file in the archive. When changing versions, you should also read (by assumption) the NEWS file. For the key changes it points to the respective documents which describe them.
pags wrote:why does it not offer a new example.conf thats the first thing i checked when i installed via cvs to look for changes in the example config
The example config is eggdrop.conf which is always updated to describe all available config settings. Changes in respect to IPv6 or SSL are described in doc/IPV6 and doc/TLS pointed by NEWS.