This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

dcc, botnet probs

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
m
mrplow
Voice

dcc, botnet probs

Post by mrplow »

Good morning (depending on where you are! ),

I believe i have a simple setup. 3 eggs on one server behind a natted firewall. 3 more eggs on a different server behind a natted home router. connecting all bots together using the hub-leaf method.

I guess what im looking for is a sticky or whatnot outlining the setup of this. I imagine that this is a common setup and the problems I am running into are common as well.

Im getting everything from:
"Cant open a listening socket"
"*** Disconnected <nick> (timed-out userfile transfer)"
"Timeout on userfile transfer"
"Timeout/EOF ident connection"
These errors would be on the Hub bot. Sometimes they link, sometimes they do not. I have recently changed the "portrange" setting in the conf file to reflect a single port that I natted through both firewalls.

maybe i need to know if i need anything on the "my-ip is" and my-hostname is" lines in the conf file? Or what im doing wrong!! :) AAAAAAA

thanks so much for reading the rant.

D.J.

p.s. I can telnet into each bot but sometimes work to home doesnt want to DCC and vice versa. (one server is at work and the other is at home)
m
mrplow
Voice

Post by mrplow »

Sheesh - I have looked through this forum to no end and it seems like this is a big deal. Surprised that there isnt a stickie! :)

From what I gathered, it should work having set both "my-ip" and "my-natip" correctly. my ip should be my local IP and nat ip should be the outside IP?

I have also opened up numerous ports on both the router at home and at work. I have even opened up 113 for idents! :) I have over a thousand port difference between the ports the bots talk on and i also uncommented the port-range lines and put those in as singular ports. was that a good idea? Singular ports or should those be an actual port range?

Just more info.

p.s. Im planning on purchasing a seedbox with shell access to create 3 more bots in yet another location. Ill post those results tomorrow when I try to link them up to the 6 bots already built.