This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

How do I install sqlite3 so eggdrop knows where it is?

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
t
tamouse
Voice

How do I install sqlite3 so eggdrop knows where it is?

Post by tamouse »

I'm on os x 10.5.8.

I'm running tcl 8.4, and eggdrop 1.6.20. As I'm very new to tcl, I don't really know how packages and such are installed. I installed sqlite3 from fink, but eggdrop and tcl can't seem to find it with

Code: Select all

package require sqlite3
Fink lists a package called sqlite3-tcl, but claims it is obsolete and doesn't actually do anything. When I look for sqlite3 stuff on the mac, I find it all over the place, but the sqlite3 libraries are installed in /sw/lib, as I would expect from fink. There are also sqlite3 binaries in /usr/lib and a bunch of other places in frameworks on the mac. I have searched the documentation as best I could, but could not find anything on installing an sqlite3 package for tcl, nor really where tcl looks for packages.
B
Bloona
Voice

Post by Bloona »

I currently face the exact same problem - on Windows.

I wrote a tcl script which works pretty well in ActiveTCL, but Eggdrop doesn't know the package sqlite3. :(

The author of Mailbot - another Eggdrop Script which uses sqlite3 - loads the sqlitelib directly, but I couldn't test this yet cause I wasn't able to find a similiar lib for windows yet.
B
Bloona
Voice

Post by Bloona »

Solution:

[1] Get in your eggdrop folder → lib → latest tcl version → mkdir sqlite3

Example (Windows): C:\windrop\lib\tcl8.5\sqlite3

[2] Get the tarball source package which contains TEA from http://www.sqlite.org/download.html

[3] unpack and cd to the tea dir in the source code folder

[4] configure and make - you will get 2 files: pkgIndex.tcl and sqlite3XXX.dll where XXX is the latest sqlite3 revision

[5] move these 2 files into the folder which has been created in step 1

[6] use "package require sqlite3" as intended