This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

DCC issue, connection closes on any .command

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
r
raven
Voice

DCC issue, connection closes on any .command

Post by raven »

I have a issue with DCC chat. I have tried both "/DCC chat botname" and "/ctcp botname chat" and both does the same thing. It lets me in, I can enter my password and enter the bot but whenever I do a .command, it throws me out. I have never had this problem before and tried both old and new configs. Is it something I missed?

Example:

[13:50:31] <Sph|nx> ### You have the following note(s) waiting:
[13:50:31] <Sph|nx> 1. Sph|nx (Aug 08 11:51)
[13:50:31] <Sph|nx> 2. Sph|nx (Aug 18 04:42)
[13:50:31] <Sph|nx> ### Use '.notes read' to read them.
[13:50:31] <Sph|nx> *** raven^ joined the party line.
[13:51:46] <raven^> .notes erase
-
DCC session closed
p
pseudo
Halfop

Post by pseudo »

Whenever you request help, for eggdrop or anything else, please add any information that you could provide. Leaving us guessing, dramatically reduces your chances to get help. The possibilities are numerous and most people's time is precious.

I don't even see the eggdrop version you are using, do you honestly believe we can deduce it from the log you pasted? What is your host operating system, did you compile the bot or did you use a precompiled package? Don't limit yourself to this, provide a full report mentioning everything that might be relevant, I won't try to get the words out of you for a second time.