This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Unknown error while starting Eggdrop

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
p
planetX
Voice

Post by planetX »

w0w0w0w0w0w0w0wwww

I see now :D . and it's doneee

woah man, thank you sooo much :D really man i mean great job, you are very good :)
p
planetX
Voice

Post by planetX »

one last thing....

in IRC channel, anyones IP can be seen, means any user can see others Original IP address... why :?
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

That's just the way IRC has been working since the begining.
NML_375
t
tommytom
Voice

Post by tommytom »

get a vhost once you register your and your bot's nick.

/msg nickserv help register
/join #vhost
or the below if the above is unavailable
/join #help
ask the Ops for help with registering and/or vhosts

or, use a IRC server that uses "host masking" like Rizon.
some hosts get completely masked (seemingly random numbers/letters), while others only the IP part is (they will know your ISP name and maybe your city/state, but NOT your IP).

Glad you solved your problem.
First time is a big hurdle (I had tons of problems), but now I write/edit TCL scripts for my eggdrop bot.
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

Be adviced that neither nickserv or vhosts are part of the irc standard, and their availability varies greatly between different networks (if available at all).
As for the #Help channel, this channel may or may not be operated by representatives for the network or server used. Best would probably be to check the Motd from the server for any details on supported services or support contact.
Some networks, such as IrcNet, do not support vhosting or masquerading at all; (possibly with the exception of anonymous mode on !channels and &channels as provided in RFC2811).
NML_375