This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Customizing my first bot - please advise me

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
s
soupaleuf
Voice

Customizing my first bot - please advise me

Post by soupaleuf »

Hi,

I want to add a help bot to a video game channel, it won't have rights and there is already another bot that doesn't have rights either (owned by another contributor for another purpose).

I wanted to set up that bot in the near future but because of a sale, the channel in question is receiving many many newbies and I want to help them with a bot because the support is rather poor.

I don't have experience with owning an IRC bot and I have very little programming experience.

Here's what I want the bot to do, and I would greatly appreciate if you could tell me what I need to get this done, which script/module exactly etc

• Greet in PM everyone who joins the channel except : those that it already greeted in the past, the operators and a given list of participants
• Greet those in exception when they say something to it in PM (e.g: "hi" > "list of cmds")
• Show the list of its commands
• Show the list of the words it can define or topics it can give details on
• Statistics for most used commands
• Ignore channel commands, only work in PM
• Retrieve and parse JSON data
• Quizz
• Another thing I can't think of right now
s
soupaleuf
Voice

Post by soupaleuf »

Pretty disappointing.