This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Timezone clock and comparison with user-defined aliases

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
B
Baibokun
Voice

Timezone clock and comparison with user-defined aliases

Post by Baibokun »

I'm looking for a script that can be used to:

1- Fetch the current time in a timezone (!clock CEST) (Central European Summer Time)

2- Fetch the current time in an international city (!clock Bratislava)

3- Store a user's timezone of residence ((!clockdefine UserNick1 as Bratislava) or (!clockdefine UserNick1 as GMT+2) or (!clockdefine UserNick1 as CEST))

4- Fetch the current time of a defined user (!clock UserNick1)

5- Convert a given time in one timezone to another ((!clock 15:00 PST in London) or (!clock 09:00 New York in UserNick1)) or (!clock 21:00 UserNick1 in UserNick2)

I've done quite a bit of google searching over the past few days but either I'm searching for the wrong keywords or nobody has done anything like this in Tcl and had it google indexed.

As I'm extremely new to Tcl but have moderate experience in other languages, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!