This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Cannot connect to server nor telnet in

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
Tannn3r
Voice

Cannot connect to server nor telnet in

Post by Tannn3r »

I'm trying to upgrade to Eggdrop 1.6.21 and having a few problems. First off, I am limited to IPv6 only, which may be part of the problem, but the bot worked fine with 1.6.19. I also applied the time workaround patch by thommey.

Most importantly, I'm unable to connect to ipv6.chat.freenode.net because the DNS lookup failed, and on all other servers I try for the same network, I get net: eof! (read) socket 7

In the beginning I was telnetting in to restart and change other settings. Now, however, I am unable to telnet in. I've tried a different port and still no luck. I ran 'netstat -plnt' and this got this (which is supposedly impossible):
tcp 0 0 255.255.255.255:64602 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 2283/eggdrop

Any ideas on where to go from here? Luckily I have backups so I'm not totally lost, but I'd still like to upgrade. :P
Tannn3r
Voice

Solved

Post by Tannn3r »

Solved the problem (well, kinda). Eggdrop 1.6.19 requires the eggdrop-1.6.19-ipv6.patch by Free-bob for IPv6 hosts. The only other solution without the patch would be eggdrop 1.8, but I decided to stay with eggdrop 1.6.19 instead of upgrading and waiting for 1.8 to be released.