This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Channel Protection - Kick/Ban if not on list

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
H
Hectic
Voice

Channel Protection - Kick/Ban if not on list

Post by Hectic »

I do not know TCL that well, but I attempting to figure it out. If someone could help me with this script it may give me a better understanding of how to write my future TCL scripts.

I would like a Channel Protection script of sorts. Basically, I want the bot to kick ban a user if there nick is:

a.) Not on a list. (This could be an actual list or a nick authorized to use the bot (.chattr I believe))

b.) If the nick begins with a certain prefix, I would like the user to be allowed to stay. (For example the nick "blah-mynick") Something like blah-* would not get banned or kicked.

I've found the following script, which give voice to users added to a list. Can this be modified to do what I would like it to? I like the ability to add nick via .addvip and to turn it on/off:
http://www.egghelp.org/cgi-bin/tcl_arch ... ad&id=1641