This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

AllProtection.tcl (Stable: v4.8 / Beta: v4.9b4)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

You can disable the advertisement protection on your channel and add "!list" as a bad word instead.
e
eXtremer
Op

Post by eXtremer »

Sir_Fz, could you add the "kick reason" for each channel separately to the next release, thanks in advance.

P.S.: great script ;)
C
Casey952
Voice

Post by Casey952 »

customized ban commands for extended bans etc and customized oper commands where you type in your own command might be nice to have.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

If you're talking about external commands for controlling the bot then that's outside the purpose of the script. If you're talking about customizing the commands used by the script, the ban command is the same on all networks so no need to configure it as for the oper commands, the only oper command used by the script is kline and it's customizable
# Edit this only if your bot is an ircop and will use the kline command:
# Set here the kline command used on your server.
# for example some ircds user:
# kline %mask %time %reason
# others use:
# kline %time %mask %reason
## NOTE:
# %mask = the klined mask.
# %time = the kline time.
# %reason = the kline reason.
##
set kline(cmd) "kline %time %mask :%reason"
C
Casey952
Voice

Post by Casey952 »

a custom ban mode that you can type in -- for extended bans if the Server has extended bans like

muteban -- +b m:nick!user@host

user can join the channel but not allowed to talk on main.

For the oper commands, I was thinking like G-Line, Shun, that you can also do on a custom command.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

As you can see I'm currently not working on the script at all. However, I'll take your suggestions into consideration when I plan to continue tweaking the script.
dotslasher
Halfop

Post by dotslasher »

I don't know if it's designed like this but:

Caps detection only works for a single word. if a user talks a whole sentence in caps and the detection rate is set for 90:20 it will not trigger. only if someone says a word with 20 letters or more and with 90% caps in it.

Another problem:

when you .restart the bot it forgets settings on certain channels. You'll have to set them all over again.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Yes, that's how CAPS detection is designed: <CAPS rate>:<minimum text length>. So as you said 90:20 means that the script will check for 90% or more upper-case characters in a 20 or more characters long text.

The settings are never reset, they're in your bot's .chan file.
dotslasher
Halfop

Post by dotslasher »

could you maybe add a detection for the Caps check for a whole sentence in the future?
Maybe ap:capsl.

About the reset, that's weird ;)
Thanks
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

What do you mean whole sentence? It does check the whole sentence even if it's longer than the length you've assigned only it never triggers unless the CAPS percentage is breached.

Edit: Settings could be reset if they're invalid. For example if you set "90 120 kb 2" for ap:caps, the script resets it to the default value since "90" is invalid and should be in the form <percentage>:<length>.
dotslasher
Halfop

Post by dotslasher »

would that result in a reset for all the ap: protection settings?
Because I just tested it and restarted my bot and it reverted back to the default protection settings.

About that caps thing:

it does detect this with settings 90:10:
CAPSLOCKTESTING
It does NOT detect:
THIS IS A CAPS TEST WITH A WHOLE SENTENCE IN CAPS
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

dotslasher wrote:would that result in a reset for all the ap: protection settings?
Because I just tested it and restarted my bot and it reverted back to the default protection settings.

About that caps thing:

it does detect this with settings 90:10:
CAPSLOCKTESTING
It does NOT detect:
THIS IS A CAPS TEST WITH A WHOLE SENTENCE IN CAPS
No, it only resets the invalid settings. For example, if ap:caps is invalid on #chan1 but valid on #chan2 it will only be reset on #chan1.

As for the caps issue, I tested it with 60:15 setting and it worked successfully:
[22:28:00] <MastaPi> CAPSLOCKTESTING
[22:28:01] *** You were kicked by Shrider (Excess CAPS detected. (100% of 15 chars) :: [Sun Oct 12 14:30:33 2008] - Banned 120 minutes .16192.)
[22:28:32] *** Rejoined channel #testfz
[22:28:34] <MastaPi> THIS IS A CAPS TEST WITH A WHOLE SENTENCE IN CAPS
[22:28:35] *** You were kicked by Shrider (Excess CAPS detected. (79% of 49 chars) :: [Sun Oct 12 14:31:07 2008] - Banned 120 minutes .16193.)
Note that a white-space is considered a lower-case character thus the 79% value in the second kick message. Adjust your settings to a more suitable value if it's not suitable for you as it is right now.
dotslasher
Halfop

Post by dotslasher »

thanks for clearing that up Sir_Fz
L
Lucifer
Voice

Error!!... or dunno whats wrong...

Post by Lucifer »

Hey F... hope u doin ok man, Just want to check why this Tcl dont ban on spammin With antispam, spammers only gt kicked without ban please can u check wats wrong am using the last version maybe...VERSION reply]: - Using AllProtection v4.6b8 by Opposing (aka Sir_Fz)

[16:45] * TheSummer was kicked by Freebsd (Advertising detected. (* #m*) :: [Thu Oct 16 02:43:27 2008] - Banned 180 minutes ·739·)
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

I tested it on my bot and it's working okay, kicks and bans the spammer. Possible reasons why you faced such a problem is that maybe the ban was already set on the channel, or for some reason the server did not react to the bot's ban request. One thing I'm sure about is that the script is doing its job.

Edit: This was actually a bug in AP4.6b8, it happens when the channel name is not completely lower-case. To avoid this problem, replace

Code: Select all

lappend apqueue($c) $b
in proc "queue" with

Code: Select all

lappend apqueue([string tolower $c]) $b
and it should be fixed.