This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

join EVERY channel

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
w
whittinghamj
Op

join EVERY channel

Post by whittinghamj »

Hey guys, I have spent the past hours looking for such a tcl. I thort I had seen it in the past but I must have imagined it lol.

I have a bot who is an ircop and can read bind raw commands just fine.

However, I am looking for a tcl which will see a user joining a channel - and the bot should join the same channel. Does not matter which user it is. I what the bot in EVERY channel on the entire network.

Any suggestions / code snippets / assistance?

Kind Regards, thanks in advance.

Jamie
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

that would constitute a rampant privacy violation and should not be implemented, not in a script, not in anything
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

Code: Select all

tag when posting logs, code
w
whittinghamj
Op

Post by whittinghamj »

hrrmm ok. its a private server and unless they make it +i then my oper bot has every right to be in there and logging the channel just as if i made my mirc join every channel. If they dont want the bot - set a key or pm me - not hard. I will not be using oper override to sajoin the channel just join it as a normal user.
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

you are probably looking for the TCL command 'channel', read it up in the documentation. But be aware an eggdrop is not designed to be a botserv, but rather a channel bot.

btw: eggdrop doesnt write logfiles of a channel unless the command 'logfiles' specifies that for the channel or for * (though * will write everything in one file....).
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Pointless exercise anyway. At a guess they're already using a bloated IRCd with bloated services that allow for spying on channels. Certain levels of IRCOps can set their "hide" flag and join any channel without being seen. Information on all connections can be displayed depending on which flag an IRCOp sets for himself.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM