This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Multiple Eggdrop`s running

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
S
Steve-o||[^]
Voice

Multiple Eggdrop`s running

Post by Steve-o||[^] »

ok, here`s what I`m trying to achieve.

I`m wanting to run (atm) two eggdrops on my server. Currently I`m running them under two different accounts - pain in the ass tbh.
What I`m wanting is to be able to run them on the same account - so far working ok.

They are running on different IP`s however, they both have the same ident - I don`t think this should be a problem.. however, it would be nice to have them with their own ident.

I`ve tried using the bog standard identd to no avail, I`m now using oidentd (which i also use for running bouncers - working perfectly)
the problem is that eggdrop/oident seems to be totally disregarding my ~/.oidentd.conf file with the reply strings in the global, to and from directives.

now, for the sake of grater security I`d liek not to have my userid as the ident because you can easily get the IP from which eggdrop is running from and try to login and spam passwords.. etc, etc.

I`m not too bothered tbh. but it would be nice.

cheers!

**EDIT: also, i should add that i have full unrestricted access (ie. root) as it is my own server - although, of course, i`m not running eggdrop as root!!
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

not an eggdrop problem; you should seek help on oidentd's mailing list

or try identd2, it works fine for me
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

Code: Select all

tag when posting logs, code