This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Ok im not very good at tcl, does anyone know what this means

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
k
kain
Halfop

Post by kain »

ok here it is:
"Tcl error [himc:topic:show]: invalid idx"

its a script for resyncing the topic and recaling the topic via dcc, however i wanted it to be used in the public channel.
so i changed all the entries in the script where it said "dcc" to "pub" now when i type resync or savetopic in the channel it works fine but the other commands like saytopic dont, i get this error displayed in the dcc window: "Tcl error [himc:topic:show]: invalid idx"
i didnt paste the script in here because its too long, but if it would help tell me what section to paste here and i will.
thanks for any help in advance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kain on 2002-03-16 20:10 ]</font>
P
Petersen
Owner

Post by Petersen »

means its trying to write to a idx (which is is either a dcc or a telnet connection) with putdcc/putidx, and there aint one that by that number that exists.
k
kain
Halfop

Post by kain »

ok, so would changing the "putdcc" entries to "putpub" work, or is putpub even a real command, if its not do you have any idea what i could change it to?
e
egghead
Master

Post by egghead »

On 2002-03-16 22:47, kain wrote:
ok, so would changing the "putdcc" entries to "putpub" work, or is putpub even a real command, if its not do you have any idea what i could change it to?
kain, a script which was written for use with dcc, needs a substantial overhaul to make it work with public irc messages.
In the bots /doc directory you will find a document tcl-commands.doc. Reviewing the "BIND TYPES" should give you an idea of the differences between "bind DCC" and "bind pubm".
k
kain
Halfop

Post by kain »

Thanks egghead, I'll take a look