This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Using netbots and secure op -- Strikelight's tcl or raeky's?

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
a
ascension
Voice

Using netbots and secure op -- Strikelight's tcl or raeky's?

Post by ascension »

I wanted to update a botnet of 28 eggdrops which will slowly increase to use secure opping on EFnet regardless of ChanFix's existence. I saw [sl] / strikelight made crackerop.tcl a form of cookie op and mentioned it is compatible with netbots, and any other botnet script as it is loaded prior to those scripts. Then there is raeky's/kass lloyd's op.. which according to egghelp tcl search is outdated.. so, is strikelight's crackerop.tcl my best bet? I know he's a long time, reputable tcl scripter... so guessing that is my best choice. I use superbitch and everything but I'd feel more secure with a secure op mechanism, in case a shell box was compromised or any other worst case scenarios..

Opinions appreciated, thanks!
user

Post by user »

The cracker/cookie op thing only helps against tcp hijacking - it does NOT help in any way if one of your shells is compromised.
Have you ever read "The Manual"?
a
ascension
Voice

Post by ascension »

Well, what if someone tried to join using the ident and host of a bot to get op? Would eggdrop op that person given channel is +autoop and +bitch / +superbitch? What is the likeliness of a TCP hijacking -- it seems rather high since the most popular botpack today (written in C) uses a cookie op mechanism on top of super bitch -- i.e. it really seems that if the coder kept it today there is quite a bit of worth to using it?