This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

bot keeps removing channel modes nt

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
B
Belgarion
Voice

bot keeps removing channel modes nt

Post by Belgarion »

Hi, I have what's most likely a pretty simple issue to resolve, but I'm unable to figure it out :|

On all channels that my bot is attached to, it repeatedly tries to remove channel modes nt. Naturally, Chanserv immediately reinstates them, and the bot removes them again. Etc etc.

I have my server set to disallow channel creation, so the bot is only able to join the channels listed within it's config file. Each channel is listed with very basic settings, thus:

Code: Select all

channel add #lobby {
chanmode "+nt-likm"
}
No other tcl scripts are currently running (in case it was one of these that was causing the issue), and I cannot see anything else that may be causing the bot to remove these modes.

Any ideas?
b
bootdisk
Voice

Post by bootdisk »

Try to use .chanset #channel chanmodes +modes-modes

Hope that works
YooHoo
Owner

Post by YooHoo »

you also might want to try .chaninfo [channel] to see what exactly the bot is trying to do. Using the .chanset commandas bootdisk suggested is always an option, but don't forget to .chansave once you are finished :mrgreen: