This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

ChatSpace + Eggdrop

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
D
Diablo228
Voice

ChatSpace + Eggdrop

Post by Diablo228 »

Do pardon me if these are trivial question(s), or have already been asked before. I tried searching without much success...

1) Can an Eggdrop 1.6.x running from a standard Unix shell be deployed onto a Chatspace server, or do I have to use a Windrop?

2) How do I make the Eggdrop, login to the server using a pre-designated Username/Password? Does anyone know of a decent Chatspace Identifier script for Eggdrops?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
YooHoo
Owner

Post by YooHoo »

1) yes.

2) there is a lil mini-script already in your conf file that can be slightly altered to include an identify command, called init-server. This may need to be altered once again, depending on how exactly chatspace servers use the identify command.

Code: Select all

bind evnt - init-server evnt:init_server

proc evnt:init_server {type} {
  global botnick
  putquick "MODE $botnick +i-ws"
  putserv "PRIVMSG NickServ :Identify PaSsWoRd"
}
D
Diablo228
Voice

Post by Diablo228 »

YooHoo,

Thank you for your reply. You have helped me start in the right direction. But if anybody has/knows about a Chatspace 3.x Identifier TCL script.... please please please share it.

Thanks again...
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

I don't suppose chatspace uses standard irc identifications? (server password). In that case it'd be a simple matter of adding the password to the server entry, as illustrated in the default configfile...
NML_375