This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Where can I begin learning about tcl scripting?

Help for those learning Tcl or writing their own scripts.
E
EnglishExpress
Halfop

Where can I begin learning about tcl scripting?

Post by EnglishExpress »

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong area. I want to learn how to script for eggdrops, and to be completely honest, I know nothing about tcl scripting, but we all have to start somewhere aye. So if anyone can give me some advice or point me in the right direction, it'd be a real help. ty. =]
DragnLord
Owner

Post by DragnLord »

Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

If you're serious, then your first lesson would be RTFM.
E
EnglishExpress
Halfop

Post by EnglishExpress »

rosc2112's response:

If I had a manual to read I wouldn't be asking for one here, hence my question. I'm not trying to be rude, but I asked for help in this forum because I could not find what I was looking for, and I thought some people experienced in this area wouldn't mind pointing me in the right direction.

Thank you, DragnLord & Sir_Fz, you however did help me.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Also, looking at other people's code posted here (or public scripts) is a very efficient way to learn.
YooHoo
Owner

Post by YooHoo »

EnglishExpress wrote:rosc2112's response:

If I had a manual to read I wouldn't be asking for one here, hence my question. I'm not trying to be rude, but I asked for help in this forum because I could not find what I was looking for, and I thought some people experienced in this area wouldn't mind pointing me in the right direction.
You do indeed have a manual. It is distributed through every eggdrop, look in the directory titled 'docs' for a file named tcl-commands.doc, which is an exhaustive listing of all tcl commands. Two extremely informative tutorials have been written as well, one from suninet, and the other from johoho. Check them out, they help understand alot. Good Luck!
L
Logan
Voice

THANKS

Post by Logan »

I rather enjoyed this thread...

Useful information.. now I know I aint the only one that forgot to LOOK in the directory structure.. DOH!