This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Connecting to an ipv6 server in ip6 form? How?

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
d
duckdown
Voice

Connecting to an ipv6 server in ip6 form? How?

Post by duckdown »

Hi folks, I have searched and am shocked nobody has asked this question before..

I have applied the newest ipv6 patch to 1.6.18, and all works great for the ipv6 but I'm having a problem.

In the section of the .conf file where you specify servers, if I enter irc.ipv6.network.com then it connects just fine to the server in ipv6.. however, I cannot figure out how to add the servers in ip6 form.

If I enter 2001:470:2414:30::1 for example, it thinks that the colons are actually port-delimiters so it tries to connect (and fails of course) to only 2001:470 instead of the full ip6 ip.

Why this is a problem for me is because I'm trying to get my bot to join a private IRCD that has no hostname, just has an ipv6 address. And another reason I want to do it this way is so that if the tunnel goes down, it wont just connect to irc.server.com in ipv4 format and expose my IP, it will only try the ipv6 versions of the servers.

Thanks in advance, will keep refreshing this post! I need to get it figured out.

Cheers