This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Vhost set help (SPECIAL)

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
C
CyberWar
Voice

Vhost set help (SPECIAL)

Post by CyberWar »

Hello all

i have a special dream but i have no idea how to do that.

Bot

For example: If a user named "John" abuses his vhost, I need a bot where I could write something like this: /msg bot disallow John User may not have any more vhosts due to abuse. There would also be a command like /msg bot allow <username> in case we need to remove the restiction. Host setters would be required to check this bot before assigning anyone a vhost. For example, they could type /msg bot list to view the users who may not have a vhost.

Is that possible and easy or hard to write?

Thanks for Helping me
DragnLord
Owner

Re: Vhost set help (SPECIAL)

Post by DragnLord »

CyberWar wrote:Hello all

i have a special dream but i have no idea how to do that.

Bot

For example: If a user named "John" abuses his vhost, I need a bot where I could write something like this: /msg bot disallow John User may not have any more vhosts due to abuse. There would also be a command like /msg bot allow <username> in case we need to remove the restiction. Host setters would be required to check this bot before assigning anyone a vhost. For example, they could type /msg bot list to view the users who may not have a vhost.

Is that possible and easy or hard to write?

Thanks for Helping me
Since eggdrops generally do not have the ability to set vhosts (unless they are opered, which is a bad idea), I'm guessing your bot will have to interact with some sort of a services package that you did not mention.

Here is your main obstacle: you will need to wait until a scripter familiar with your particular services feels like responding with a script.

TCL scripters do not necessarily have operator level knowledge of IRCd services.
C
CyberWar
Voice

Post by CyberWar »

DragonLord of course i have a TCL script this bot ist opered and the script works. He make vhosts for Users.
DragnLord
Owner

Post by DragnLord »

CyberWar wrote:DragonLord of course i have a TCL script this bot ist opered and the script works. He make vhosts for Users.
Since you still have not stated what IRCd and services you are using, I'll just answer your original question.

It is possible, and not too hard, to write such a script.
C
CyberWar
Voice

Post by CyberWar »

Well i'm using Unreal3.2.7 and Anope Services