This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Eggdrop noob

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
A
AAZZ
Voice

Eggdrop noob

Post by AAZZ »

hello,

Just started eggdrop stuff, searched and didn't get any help.

I am trying to get my eggdrop to join in a channel. I can get the eggdrop to jump the server by using the following command:
/MSG <name> jump <password> <server> <port>

Server responds with:
<name> Jumping servers...

When i put in command like:
/MSG <name> .channel <channel name>

server responds with:
<name> No such nick/channel

I can't get the TCL working so i'm trying to find any commands which I can use from my IRC client.

Please let me know what i'm doing wrong or what I need to do, or either point me to a good guide or something. Also, I am using windows, i know it sucks compared to UNIX but still. I am using the windows version of eggdrop and want to work with TCL (in windows) if possible, for some reason it doesn't install if my wording is correct.

-Thanks in advance :)
H
Hormel Sausage
Voice

Post by Hormel Sausage »

I don't know what you mean by TCL isn't working. If you don't have TCL installed your bot won't compile or load. But being a winegg, it definitely has TCL since it's a port.

Are you able to dcc the bot or telnet into the botnet? You should add the channel in the eggdrop.conf but you can also use '.+channel #channel' in the botnet.
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

Might be worth adding, that any command starting with a . is only available through the dcc-chat partyline. Msg commands do not have any prefix character.
The above applies to eggdrop's internal commands, 3rd party scripts may implement their own commands differently.

Also, using the jump command, tells your bot to disconnect and try to connect to the next server in the serverlist, and obviously will not be able to recieve any new commands until successfully connected to a server on the same irc network as you are.
NML_375