This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Quote/Learn script

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
N
Neeq
Voice

Quote/Learn script

Post by Neeq »

Hi there,

I have tried multiple quote/learn scripts, but none are really what I'm after, I was wondering if someone had one that had the following features hidden away somewhere.

First of all, it would need the basic functionality of a normal quote/learn script, being able to add, modify and remove quotes stored with either a file or sql database (preferably mysql over file).
Second, this is where a lot of the previous scripts fell, I was hoping for some sort of 'locking' feature, (eg: !lock quote1), which would lock the quote and only the owner (or flags set within script) be able to edit it and fail for the rest.

I understand this could be quite a bit of work, it's not really a 'must-have' but I would certainly give some love if someone wants to step up.

I currently use "EggLearn" ( http://www.egghelp.org/cgi-bin/tcl_arch ... oad&id=576 ) which is perfectly set out except I would prefer it using mysql and misses the 'locking' feature explained above.

If anyone could do this, I would be very grateful.

Thanks.