This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

[SOLVED] NickServ IDENTIFY on Mibbit.com

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
J
Jack Sparrow
Voice

[SOLVED] NickServ IDENTIFY on Mibbit.com

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Hi learned ones…

I have for reasons of design and ease of use for other users chosen the Mibbit IRC platform and it is currently part of my SMF forum.

I am using WinDrop and am attempting to get MyBot to register with /ns (NickServ) with its password. I have tried different tcl configuration scripts and variations within the eggdrop.conf without success almost all of which are designed to work with the well tried and trusted IRC networks.

Everything else with the eggdrop appears OK but my bot is a bit vulnerable with not being able to register it.

Is anyone in a position to check out what I need to add to the eggdrop.conf or what alterations I need to make to any of the other scripts to be able to use them with Mibbit?

So few results on a search for Mibbit on here…. I wonder why….

Help much appreciated
Last edited by Jack Sparrow on Sat May 02, 2009 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tomekk
Master

Post by tomekk »

did you try something like this?: (eggdrop.conf, of course server module needed):

Code: Select all

set init-server { putserv "PRIVMSG nickserv :identify <password_here>" }
J
Jack Sparrow
Voice

Post by Jack Sparrow »

tomekk wrote:did you try something like this?: (eggdrop.conf, of course server module needed):

Code: Select all

set init-server { putserv "PRIVMSG nickserv :identify <password_here>" }

Whoo one minor tweek and its working, thanks

removed the < > from <password_here> i.e. password_here

Thanks tomekk