This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Perl script is not executable or doesn't exist.

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
n
necroslave
Voice

Perl script is not executable or doesn't exist.

Post by necroslave »

Hi there, I have add a sysinfo.tcl wich use a perl script and when crontab strarts my eggdrop, the bot tells me "Perl script is not executable or doesn't exist.", but when I start my bot manually with command "./eggdrop" then the perl script of sysinfo.tcl works fine. Can anybody help me? Thanks.
r
raider2k
Op

Post by raider2k »

maybe - just a rough guess - you are running eggdrop using ./eggdrop with a different user that has the privileges to access the file and the user you are using to run eggdrop from crontab doesnt?
n
necroslave
Voice

Post by necroslave »

No, I am sure, I have ran eggdrop with my account and the crontab is owned by my accout. So when Ilogin with root and type crontab -u myaccaout i see the cronjob of my account? Any suggestions?
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

Different environments? ie path setting not including the path to the perl interpreter?
Cronjobs usually only have the environment set from /etc/rc unless other data is explicitly included in the different crontab files...
NML_375