This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

./configure problem

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
p
paulOr
Voice

./configure problem

Post by paulOr »

Im running CentOS, i have done this a million times on ubuntu, could do it in my sleep.
Test run of ./eggdrop -v:
./eggdrop: error while loading shared libraries: libtcl8.5.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
make: *** [modules] Error 127
I've installed tcl/tcl-devel and everything else that i have found while searching the forums.

I've no idea about CentOS but running it because cpanel supports it.
I tried --with-tcllib stuff, but i couldnt find tcl.h so not much use tbh.

As of right now, i have removed all TCL packages, could someone with a little know-how talk me through what is needed?

Thanks in advance.
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

Most likely, your libtcl8.5.so library was installed in a location where the dynamic library loader (ld.so) couldn't find it.
Check your /etc/ld.so.conf file and make sure there's a line pointing to the directory where you installed the tcl-libraries, then run ldconfig.
NML_375
p
paulOr
Voice

Post by paulOr »

Thank you, i have managed to compile eggdrop now, ./configure, make config, make, make install DEST=/home/paulor/software/trixx/.

Everything went great.
Now when i start my eggdrop with ./eggdrop bot.conf, im getting the same error:
paulor@paulor.net [~/software/trixx]# ./eggdrop bot.conf
./eggdrop: error while loading shared libraries: libtcl8.5.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Anyhelp?
M
MrStonedOne
Voice

Post by MrStonedOne »

tcl installs to /usr/local/lib, what i did was ln -s the .so to /usr/lib to fix this.