This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

ping timeout every day at 8.31

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
s
sintje

Post by sintje »

Hi, my bot disconnects every day at 8.31 when I read the logs the following appears:
[08:28] Last message repeated 2 time(s).
[08:28] netbots: error - update check is unable to connect to server (must be down or something).
[08:31] (!) timer drift -- spun 2 minutes
[08:31] -ERROR from server- Closing Link: DS-bot by Flanders.Be.Eu.Undernet.org (Ping timeout)

I've got this with every server, the shell server where it runs op is my home server (pentium II 233) there is only running a bg at and i'm on a cable connection.

He also says netbots.. but I don't use netbots anymore.

Can someone help me with this ?

S
Shocky

Post by Shocky »

Check to see if there are any event running on the bot at that time (.binds) also check for any crontab events running on the box at that time.

s
sintje

Post by sintje »

Het enigste dat in die crontab staat is dit:

0anacron
inn-cron-expire
logrotate
makewhatis.cron
medusa.cron
postfix
rpm
slocate.cron
tmpwatch

voor de rest runt er niks rond dat uur (dees stond in cron.daily) in crontab gewoon staat niks buiten de verwijzing naar dit bestand.
s
sintje

Post by sintje »

sorry, i was talking dutch :smile:

the only things that says in the crontab are:
0anacron
inn-cron-expire
logrotate
makewhatis.cron
medusa.cron
postfix
rpm
slocate.cron
tmpwatch

beside's that nothing is running (this came out of cron.daily) in the file crontab there's nothing running exept the link to cron.daily)
S
Shocky

Post by Shocky »

Honestly seems very peciliur and odd. Wake up early one morning or whatnot, and have a program like top running.. See what happens at exactly 8:31. Does the bots process become extremely CPU intensive? etc.
slennox
Owner

Post by slennox »

[08:28] netbots: error - update check is unable to connect to server (must be down or something).
He also says netbots.. but I don't use netbots anymore.
Looks to me like netbots.tcl is still loaded.

Unload it properly or disable the nb_update feature to fix the problem.
s
sintje

Post by sintje »

that was the problem :smile: I removed netbots but he still thought it was there even if I did rehash or a restart. I just made a clean eggdrop again and used the same config file and the problem was gone... :smile:

Tnx
B
BlasterHacker
Voice

Post by BlasterHacker »

idd , its the nb_update
i had the same prob with netbots
slennox
Owner

Post by slennox »

The problem is that the feature is not non-blocking, which means that when your bot is attempting to access the update page it is unable to do anything else. Some bots never have a problem with this, others do. I haven't bothered looking at asynchronous / non-blocking requests (I think it just involves a callback proc?), but I'll get around to it one day.