This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

my bot does not auto reconnect after a modem disconnect !?

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
T
Train.Deluxe
Voice

my bot does not auto reconnect after a modem disconnect !?

Post by Train.Deluxe »

Hello everybody,

I run a windrop but this error I get surely applies to a possible eggdrop scenario.

My bot runs fine when I start it the first time. My problem ist that sometimes (like once in 3 days) my connection to the internet disconnects and reconnects again immediatly. Though I would expect the bot to notice this fact then reconnect and rejoin the irc it does not happen. Although its still loaded in the background, the bot never gets back online. The only thing I can do then ist to kill and restart it.

Does anyone know how to make the bot auto reconnect to the irc?

Cheers
Ben

P.S. I have set "set net-type 5"
s
stormshadow
Voice

Post by stormshadow »

Well that is strange, the bot shouldn't disconnect like that
it wouldn't ping out if it disconnects and reconnects instantly
What is the quit msg?

Did you add a crontab for the botchk file? (if not, click here)
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

I'm not sure crontab's would make much sense with windows..
However, since the process is still running, a scheduled job (crontab or not) would'nt make much sense anyway..

Without further details though, I would suspect that what happens is your DHCP-lease expires, and upon renewal, you gain a new IP-address. Most likely, your eggdrop is still trying to use the old IP, preventing the connection from being properly routed.

One thing worth checking, is that the "check-stoned" setting is set to 1.
NML_375