This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Some help with RSS please

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
B
Badge
Voice

Some help with RSS please

Post by Badge »

This ought to be very very simple and short, yet I will be forever grateful to the kind person who will provide me with a solution.

There is a web based game that parses events into an RSS feed, this one:
http://battlestations.ochospace.com/port_news_rss.php

I have checked out the RSS scripts, both by demond and RSS Syndication by Andrew Scott. What they have in common and what those scripts do is consult a feed every xx number of minutes, keep records found inside a .db file, and upon request announce the news from THAT file.

What I need is, to bring the latest 3-4 of those RSS entries, as they are, the SECOND a trigger is said in channel. I don't need those to be kept/saved/anything. Descriptions are better, but titles will do just fine as well.

I have checked out older ZDNet scripts, older ABC news, and pretty much everything available. But no script does that. Any help will be greatly appreciated. (This must be like 4-5 lines of code??)

Thanks in advance