This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

bible script

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
r
rayvtirx
Voice

bible script

Post by rayvtirx »

i have looked at the couple of bible bot type tcl scripts i could find and cant find one that uses a kjv bible .
i have a slightly altered king james mysql database from biblesql.net
which has fields cap(chapter no),verse(verse no),line(the verse),fullname(fullname of book)
i have mysqltcl installed.
i did have a look at some of the other scripts that use mysql databases but it all seems far to technical for me
can any of you tcl gurus help please :)
speechles
Revered One

Re: bible script

Post by speechles »

rayvtirx wrote:i have looked at the couple of bible bot type tcl scripts i could find and cant find one that uses a kjv bible .
i have a slightly altered king james mysql database from biblesql.net
which has fields cap(chapter no),verse(verse no),line(the verse),fullname(fullname of book)
i have mysqltcl installed.
i did have a look at some of the other scripts that use mysql databases but it all seems far to technical for me
can any of you tcl gurus help please :)
<speechles> !bible Ezekiel
<sp33chy> Ezekiel | Meaning: God will strengthen One of the great prophets, the son of Buzi the priest (Ezek 1:3). He was one of the Jewish exiles who settled at Tel-Abib, on the banks of the Chebar, "in the land of the Chaldeans." He was probably carried away captive with Jehoiachin (1:2; 2Kg 24:14-16) about B.C. 597. His prophetic call came to him "in the fifth year of Jehoiachin's captivity" (B.C. 594). He had
<sp33chy> a house in the place of his exile, where he lost his wife, in the ninth year of his exile, by some sudden and unforeseen stroke (Ezek 8:1; 24:18). He held a prominent place among the exiles, and was frequently consulted by the elders (8:1; 11:25; 14:1; 20:1). His ministry extended over twenty-three years (29 @ http://biblewiki.be/wiki/Ezekiel

<speechles> !bible Ezekiel Chapter 25, Verse 17
<sp33chy> Ezekiel Chapter 25, Verse 17 | 17: And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them.— edit KJV text 17: And I will execute great vengeance upon them, rebuking them in fury: and they shall know that I am the Lord, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them.— edit Douay text 17: And I will execute great
<sp33chy> vengeance upon them; and they shall know that I am the Lord, when I have brought my vengeance upon them.— edit LXX text @ http://biblewiki.be/wiki/Ezekiel_Chapter_25%2C_Verse_17
There is this script which does support any mediawiki (wikimedia) enabled site. Of these sites, can be of course as shown above the bible using biblewiki.be. Maybe this can suffice until someone can help you find one based upon sql tables. The script presently has some features broken, but quite soon you will find an update for these. This is a script likely you are already using as every eggdrop _should_ be using it. The !bible trigger is "custom trigger phrasing" linked to biblewiki.be using it's built-in mediawiki engine. It allows you to extend the script and customize it to your channel entirely. The name of the script of course, Incith:Google .. ;D

It is also, entirely multi-language which most people don't quite realize. This script work for any languages bible. The latin english based biblewiki.be is merely for demonstration. It can work the same for any mediawiki enabled bible in any language. You want arabic? It can do that. Japanese? It can do that just as well. Make sure for non-latin languages that you patch your bot for utf-8 using this patch --> http://eggwiki.org/utf-8
<speechles> !egg utf-8
<sp33chy> Utf-8 | This will enable your Eggdrop with UTF-8 support. Notice: Use at your own risk, as this may not solve all your encoding problems. @ http://eggwiki.org/Utf-8
Yep, it even does eggwiki... heh :lol:
Last edited by speechles on Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
r
rayvtirx
Voice

Post by rayvtirx »

thanks v much for your interest
i will check out the incith google tcl for now
tho i get a load of gobbledegook from it

Code: Select all

[21:09]	rayvtirx	!bible john chapter 3, verse 16
[21:09]	Pu-239	2 John Chapter 1, Verse 1 | 1: ¿ ÀuòÅĵ µº»µºķ ºÅy± º±¹ Ŀ¹Â ĵº½¿¹Â ±Åķ ¿Å µ³É ±³±ÀÉ µ½ ±»·¸µ¹± º±¹ ¿ź µ³É ¼¿½¿Â ±»»± º±¹ 1½ĵ ¿¹ µ³½ɺ¿Ä&e @ http://biblewiki.be/wiki/2_John_Chapter_1%2C_Verse_1