This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

DCC Chat closes after entering any .command

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
m
marcoarah
Voice

DCC Chat closes after entering any .command

Post by marcoarah »

Hello, everybody. I'd like to thanks in advance for your help

I am running eggdrop v1.6.21, on FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE-p6.
I downloaded the gziped source and compiled it by myself without any changes to source code or config files.

I have properly (at least I think) configured eggdrop.conf

The bot runs OK, connects to irc, joins the specified channels, and behaves perfectly normal in every single aspect, except for the DCC chat.

I am able to DCC to the bot and it asks me for my password. After entering it it shows me the motd and says i have joined the party line. but, when i enter any command (doesnt matter which) or say something to the party line, the DCC session just closes.

Sometimes, it is even more odd: i open the dcc chat session, the bot asks me for the password, and just after entering it the dcc session closes.

Any tips, guys?? I have absolutely no clue about what is wrong. If you need more infos or logs, please, just tell me which are needed and i'll promptly post them.

Thanks for your guys time!
m
marcoarah
Voice

Post by marcoarah »

Oh, just complementing: if I connect to the bot via telnet, everything goes normal: all commands work and i can chat on the party line.

but it is very annoying to have to open a telnet session to the bot just because dcc is behaving this strange way...
w
willyw
Revered One

Post by willyw »

marcoarah wrote:Oh, just complementing: if I connect to the bot via telnet, everything goes normal: all commands work and i can chat on the party line.

but it is very annoying to have to open a telnet session to the bot just because dcc is behaving this strange way...
Try to DCC chat with your bot while watching in the partyline via telnet connection. Perhaps you will something that will be useful info.
m
marcoarah
Voice

Post by marcoarah »

Thanks for your reply, willyw. I followed your suggestion, but nothing useful came out:

i logged in via telnet and after that i opened a dcc chat to the bot. after entering the password the connection closed. i tried again. this time after entering the password the motd was shown and i connected to the party line. but after triggering a .help command, the dcc connection closed. On the telnet side, nothing was reported as can be seen form the output below.

This is all that was output on the telnet connection side:

Commands start with '.' (like '.quit' or '.help')
Everything else goes out to the party line.

You have no messages.
*** we99 joined the party line.
[22:01:46] -we99 (99percent@freedom.isnt.enough.what.i.want.is.still.unnamed)- DCC Chat (XXXXXXXXXX)
[22:01:46] DCC connection: CHAT (we99!99percent@freedom.isnt.enough.what.i.want.is.still.unnamed)
[22:01:46] CTCP DCC: CHAT chat 3175589181 1024 from we99 (99percent@freedom.isnt.enough.what.i.want.is.still.unnamed)
[22:01:55] -we99 (99percent@freedom.isnt.enough.what.i.want.is.still.unnamed)- DCC Chat (XXXXXXXXXX)
[22:01:55] DCC connection: CHAT (we99!99percent@freedom.isnt.enough.what.i.want.is.still.unnamed)
[22:01:55] CTCP DCC: CHAT chat 3175589181 1024 from we99 (99percent@freedom.isnt.enough.what.i.want.is.still.unnamed)
[22:01:57] Logged in: we99 (99percent@freedom.isnt.enough.what.i.want.is.still.unnamed/1024)
*** we99 joined the party line.

(IPs hidden by me when posting here)
I
IWillNotChange
Voice

Post by IWillNotChange »

I'm getting this too:/
Lower expectations, greater achievements.
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

Rather old thread, but here it goes anyway...
To me, this sounds like routing issues possibly combined with a stateful router/firewall. Unfortunately, this diagnosis is very speculative; any better answer (and possible solutions) would require detailed information on the network layout of the client and eggdrop host (including any routed nets inbetween).
NML_375
I
IWillNotChange
Voice

Post by IWillNotChange »

See thats the funny thing, yesterday, before I killed the process, it worked just fine.
Lower expectations, greater achievements.