This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Not all console commands are available

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
O
Ordinator
Voice

Not all console commands are available

Post by Ordinator »

When connected to my eggdrop (windrop) bot either by telnet or direct console (-nt command line option) I only see the following commands [from ./help all]:

Code: Select all

### core commands
	For all users:
		who, away, quit, whom
		me, page, match, motd
		bots, newpass, chat, handle
		whoami, echo, strip, su
		trace, fixcodes, bottree, vbottree
		botinfo, relay, -host
	For ops:
		addlog, console, match, whois
### channels module commands
	For all users:
		info
### console module commands
	For all users:
		store
### notes module commands
	For all users:
		notes, +noteign, -noteign, noteigns
		note
Other commands (like many from here) don't work, the bot just replies with "What? You need .help?"

I am also having trouble getting the bot to connect to my channel on connect/startup. This server/channel is registered so my bot will not provide any moderation (only going to be used for seen, stats and games) so in my eggdrop.conf I have added the line "channel add #jcbeware {}"

I know the bot is connected to the server because when I MSG or /CTCP the bot's nick, I see the incoming message in the bot status window. The bot never replies/responds, which is yet another issue. /ctcp ordbot chat does not initiate a ddc chat session.

I have tried searching around for some of these things but can't find a definitive problem/solution. If anyone needs logs/config let me know what you need that might help diagnose and I'll gladly paste.

Thanks in advance~
w
willyw
Revered One

Re: Not all console commands are available

Post by willyw »

Ordinator wrote:When connected to my eggdrop (windrop) bot either by telnet or direct console (-nt command line option) I only see the following commands [from ./help all]:

Other commands (like many from here) don't work, the bot just replies with "What? You need .help?"
Right. Limited commands will be available to you when using -nt .

To have all the commands, you need to log into your bot as owner, either via telnet or via DCC chat with the bot.
I am also having trouble getting the bot to connect to my channel on connect/startup. This server/channel is registered so my bot will not provide any moderation (only going to be used for seen, stats and games) so in my eggdrop.conf I have added the line "channel add #jcbeware {}"
Here:
http://eggwiki.org/Eggdrop.conf
it says:
Adding channels via the config file is deprecated and discouraged. It is suggested that channels are added with the partyline .
Next:
I know the bot is connected to the server because when I MSG or /CTCP the bot's nick, I see the incoming message in the bot status window. The bot never replies/responds, which is yet another issue. /ctcp ordbot chat does not initiate a ddc chat session.
Have you said Hello to the bot, and did it reply?
Have you set your password in the bot?
See:
http://www.egghelp.org/setup.htm#starting
O
Ordinator
Voice

Post by Ordinator »

Right. Limited commands will be available to you when using -nt .
- Understood, I will avoid this from now on.

Adding channels via the config file is deprecated and discouraged. It is suggested that channels are added with the partyline.
Ok, that makes sense, I will remove it from my config file, and as in above, once I can operate the bot with regular commands, this will be unnecessary, anyway.

Have you said Hello to the bot, and did it reply?
I sent "/msg ordbot hello" from mIRC but never got any reply. The only way I knew the bot actually GOT the message was in the status window (from -n option at the time) it showed the incoming message from my nick, in addition to some lines about introducing to new user. Thing is, I never got a reply in my client from the bot.

The same things happen if I type "/ctcp ordbot CHAT" the bot logs the entry thereof but I never see anything on the other end.

I was able to sucessfuly login to telnet and create a new username/pass that is now the owner, and in that connection I had all options available to me. I added .+chan #mychannel and the bot is now there.

But the bot is still not responding to private messages or chat requests

For sanity's sake, I my current config file is below (with some user/server info blanked out for anonymity):

Code: Select all

#! /path/to/executable/eggdrop

##### BASIC SETTINGS #####
set username "ordbot"
set admin "Bot owner: Ordinator, Channel owner: JCBeware"
set network "my.irc.server"
set timezone "MST"
set offset "+7"
set my-hostname "my.personal.dynamic.dns.hostname"
set my-ip "my.personal.dynamic.dns.hostname"

##### LOG FILES #####
set max-logs 10
set max-logsize 0
set quick-logs 0
set raw-log 0
logfile mco * "logs/eggdrop.log"
logfile jpk #jcbeware "logs/jcbeware.log"
set log-time 1
set timestamp-format {[%H:%M:%S]}
set keep-all-logs 1
set logfile-suffix ".%Y%m%d"
set switch-logfiles-at 100
set quiet-save 0

##### CONSOLE #####
set console "mpkjbswcoxdrv"

##### FILES AND DIRECTORIES #####
set userfile "Userfile.user"
set sort-users 1
set help-path "help/"
set text-path "text/"
set temp-path "tmp/"
set motd "text/motd"
set telnet-banner "text/banner"
set userfile-perm 0600

##### BOTNET/DCC/TELNET #####
listen 9999 all
set remote-boots 2
set share-unlinks 1
set dcc-sanitycheck 0
set ident-timeout 5

#Temporarily changed until bot is working/setup:
set require-p 0
set open-telnets 1
set protect-telnet 0

set stealth-telnets 0
set use-telnet-banner 1
set connect-timeout 15
set dcc-flood-thr 3
set telnet-flood 5:60
set paranoid-telnet-flood 1
set resolve-timeout 7

##### MORE ADVANCED SETTINGS #####
#set firewall "127.0.0.1:9050" #For local ToR Proxy
set nat-ip "my.personal.dynamic.dns.hostname"
set ignore-time 15
set hourly-updates 00
set owner "Ordinatorstouff"
set notify-newusers "ordinatorstouff"
set default-flags "hp"
set die-on-sighup 0
set die-on-sigterm 1
set must-be-owner 1
set max-socks 100
set allow-dk-cmds 1
set dupwait-timeout 5
set strict-host 0
set cidr-support 0

##### MODULES #####
set mod-path "modules/"
loadmodule blowfish
loadmodule dns
	set dns-servers "8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4"
	set dns-cache 86400
	set dns-negcache 600
	set dns-maxsends 4
	set dns-retrydelay 3
loadmodule uptime
loadmodule ctcp
	set ctcp-mode 0
loadmodule notes
	set notefile "ordbot.notes"
	set max-notes 50
	set note-life 60
	set allow-fwd 0
	set notify-users 0
	set notify-onjoin 1
loadmodule console
	set console-autosave 1
	set force-channel 0
	set info-party 0

#### CHANNELS MODULE ####
loadmodule channels
	set chanfile "ordbot.chan"
	set force-expire 0
	set share-greet 0
	set use-info 1
	set allow-ps 0
	set global-flood-chan 15:60
	set global-flood-deop 3:10
	set global-flood-kick 3:10
	set global-flood-join 5:60
	set global-flood-ctcp 3:60
	set global-flood-nick 5:60
	set global-aop-delay 5:30
	set global-idle-kick 0
	set global-chanmode "nt"
	set global-stopnethack-mode 0
	set global-revenge-mode 0
	set global-ban-type 3
	set global-ban-time 120
	set global-exempt-time 60
	set global-invite-time 60
	set global-chanset {
	        -autoop         -autovoice
	        -bitch          +cycle
	        +dontkickops    +dynamicbans
	        +dynamicexempts +dynamicinvites
	        -enforcebans    +greet
	        -inactive       -nodesynch
	        -protectfriends +protectops
	        -revenge        -revengebot
	        -secret         -seen
	        +shared         -statuslog
	        +userbans       +userexempts
	        +userinvites    -protecthalfops
	        -autohalfop     -static
		}

#### SERVER MODULE ####
loadmodule server
	set net-type 5
	set nick "ordbot"
	set realname "Ordinator's Bot"
	bind evnt - init-server evnt:init_server
	proc evnt:init_server {type} {
	  global botnick
	  putquick "MODE $botnick +i-ws"
	}
	set default-port 6667
	set servers {
	  my.irc.server:6667:mypassword
	}
	set msg-rate 2
	set keep-nick 1
	set quiet-reject 0
	set lowercase-ctcp 1
	set answer-ctcp 3
	set flood-msg 5:6
	set flood-ctcp 3:60
	set never-give-up 1
	set server-cycle-wait 30
	set server-timeout 30
	set servlimit 0
	set check-stoned 1
	set serverror-quit 1
	set max-queue-msg 300
	set trigger-on-ignore 0
	set exclusive-binds 0
	set double-mode 1
	set double-server 1
	set double-help 1
	set optimize-kicks 1
	set stack-limit 4
	set check-mode-r 1

#### IRC MODULE ####

loadmodule irc
	set bounce-bans 0
	set bounce-exempts 0
	set bounce-invites 0
	set bounce-modes 0
	set max-bans 30
	set max-exempts 20
	set max-invites 20
	set max-modes 30
	set kick-fun 0
	set ban-fun 0
	set learn-users 1
	set wait-split 600
	set wait-info 180
	set mode-buf-length 200
	unbind msg - hello *msg:hello
	bind msg - myword *msg:hello
	unbind msg - ident *msg:ident
	unbind msg - addhost *msg:addhost
	set opchars "@"
	set no-chanrec-info 0
	set prevent-mixing 1

##### SCRIPTS #####
source scripts/alltools.tcl
source scripts/action.fix.tcl
source scripts/dccwhois.tcl
source scripts/userinfo.tcl
source scripts/winident1.2.tcl
source botnetop.conf
source scripts/bseen1.4.2.tcl
source scripts/chanstats.1.3.0.tcl
source scripts/bseen_updater1.4.2.tcl
source scripts/t-2.html.tcl
source scripts/t-2.settings.tcl
source scripts/t-2.tcl

if {[info exists net-type]} {
  switch -- ${net-type} {
    "0" {
      # EFnet
      source scripts/quotepong.tcl
    }
    "2" {
      # Undernet
      source scripts/quotepass.tcl
    }
  }
}

loadhelp userinfo.help
#
O
Ordinator
Voice

An update...

Post by Ordinator »

Sorry for the double post but I wanted to give an update...

Everything seems to be working-as-intended except that I have never seen the bot ever "say" anything to anyone, ever. (yet).

I commented out the "unbind msg" lines in the config for the sake of troubleshooting. When I /msg ordbot hello I see the following line in the bot status window/log: "Introduced to *!*@!mynick" I assume that line is the bot attempting to /msg me back, and thinks it did successfully, but in my client I never see anything in return.

I think my problem right now is just that my bot can't successfully send chat/msgs through IRC. I wonder if the issues are with my #SERVER or #IRC sections of the config file. I'll be looking into it but if anyone else has any ideas, please let me know. For FYI, The IRC server I'm tyring to use is jtvirc.com:6667 and it requires a username/password (linked to the website twitch.tv)
w
willyw
Revered One

Post by willyw »

Ordinator wrote:

I was able to sucessfuly login to telnet and create a new username/pass that is now the owner, and in that connection I had all options available to me. I added .+chan #mychannel and the bot is now there.
Good.
But the bot is still not responding to private messages or chat requests
In the partyline, do:
.whois <your_handle>
to see your record in the bot.
Then, while using your client program and you are in the channel with the bot, do:
.channel #channel
Compare HOST lines in bot record to your current hostmask as the bot sees you in the channel.
Is there a match?

If no match, bot won't "know" you, and thus won't respond... just like you described.

Just in case it might be useful, check out:
http://www.egghelp.org/faq.htm#010

and also, in partyline do:
.help adduser

Either of them might be handy, for adding a new hostmask to bot, for yourself.

For sanity's sake, I my current config file is below (with some user/server info blanked out for anonymity):

Just curious - where did you get this eggdrop.conf?
It doesn't look like a fully commented conf file, found here:
http://eggwiki.org/Eggdrop.conf
and is also the default eggdrop.conf that comes with a bot when you compile it.

For an experiment, to see if the bot can "say" anything at all ( for all we know the irc server is muting the bot ) try to make the bot say something manually.
For that, check out :
.help say

If it does not say something then, perhaps you will get some sort of error message in the partyline, that will direct you.
If you don't see anything in partyline, you might want to check out
set raw-log 1
(see the above link to read description), and then you can use
.console +r , then try the
.say
command again.
O
Ordinator
Voice

Post by Ordinator »

Compare HOST lines in bot record to your current hostmask as the bot sees you in the channel. Is there a match?
There was not a match, the only hostname was -telnet!*@*. I did /msg <botnick> ident <password> and the bot logged 'failed IDENT' but when I did the command again with my bot username at the end (/msg <botnick> ident <password> [nickname]) it worked. It's weird though, because my bot username is identical to my irc handle, I would have thought it would have worked without needing to add the bot username at the end.
For an experiment, to see if the bot can "say" anything at all ( for all we know the irc server is muting the bot ) try to make the bot say something manually.
Another success, I was able to successfully ".say #mychan test..." and in the channel with my client I observed the bot say 'test...' so we know that the bot can speak and is not muted. Furthermore, I was able to successfully send a MSG with ".msg mynick test..." and received the PM from the bot with the text 'test...'

Outstanding issues are that the bot still does not respond/say anything automatically. When I tell it to through the console, it will, but I will not get a response when I send a /msg botnick hello, or even /msg botnick seen mynick. In the status window, it appears the bot is recognizing these commands, but I never see any output back from the bot. Also, I have yet to successfully initiate a DDC chat session with the bot, either by /DDC CHAT botnick or by /CTCP botnick CHAT. The latter command shows up in the status window, but nothing happens clientside.

Just curious - where did you get this eggdrop.conf? It doesn't look like a fully commented conf file
It was the original conf file, all modifications done myself (not obtained from another source or anything). I originally removed the comment lines to make it easier to read for pasting it here, but once I removed the comment lines I started moving stuff around that made more sense to me and I think I can 'read' it better like this, anyway. I'd prefer to manually look-up an option and read an in-depth definition of it, and, as a result, my conf file is more concise, with options easier to find (for me).
w
willyw
Revered One

Post by willyw »

Ordinator wrote:

Outstanding issues are that the bot still does not respond/say anything automatically. When I tell it to through the console, it will, but I will not get a response when I send a /msg botnick hello,
This is a one-shot thing. For setting the owner, on a brand new bot with no users in .chan file.
or even /msg botnick seen mynick. In the status window, it appears the bot is recognizing these commands, but I never see any output back from the bot.
Is there a seen module or script loaded, that will respond to this?

Try:
/msg botnick help
Does it respond (via notice) ?

Also, I have yet to successfully initiate a DDC chat session with the bot, either by /DDC CHAT botnick or by /CTCP botnick CHAT. The latter command shows up in the status window, but nothing happens clientside.
If bot does not recognize you by your hostmask, then it won't respond.
That's the first thing to check and be sure of.

After that, check your client's performance. Can you accept a DCC chat from anybody else? Can you initiate a DCC chat with anybody else?
In other words, be sure your client is not the problem.

It was the original conf file, all modifications done myself (not obtained from another source or anything). I originally removed the comment lines to make it easier to read for pasting it here, but once I removed the comment lines I started moving stuff around that made more sense to me and I think I can 'read' it better like this, anyway. I'd prefer to manually look-up an option and read an in-depth definition of it, and, as a result, my conf file is more concise, with options easier to find (for me).
Ok.
O
Ordinator
Voice

Working as well as the servers will allow it

Post by Ordinator »

Well... currently... the bot is responding to some basic scripted commands in channel.

After doing some reading, it looks like the JustinTV IRC servers don't follow standards and are very buggy. This is throwing off hostmask and probably restricting DDC as well, if not more.

I will spend some time playing around with the bot on another, more standard IRC network to compare what I can and can't do in the channel I want to be in on jtcirc.com.

I appreciate all the support and the prompt replies, thanks again!
b
brad000123
Voice

Post by brad000123 »

hi every body and am new here
me too i really appreciate work they do :)
thanks, soon i am and here again