This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

1.6.21 Starting Issues -- Solved

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
t
trennor
Voice

1.6.21 Starting Issues -- Solved

Post by trennor »

I've run eggdrop for about 5 years or so. I have existing config files from an older version, and recently downloaded, compiled and RAN 1.6.21 with these config files. They ran just fine until a couple hours ago when I had a puter shut down. After rebooting, I was told, no program exists. Stoopidly, I used a sudo apt-get install, and it installed, 1.6.19, instead of 1.6.21 as I was expecting. It wanted modules from 1.6.20, which are already (or should be already!!) installed. So I killed the eggdrop directory, saving the configs and all data files, and erased the whole shebang. Downloaded a new 1.6.21, compiled it, tried to run it, and this is what I ended up with:

Eggdrop v1.6.19+SSL (C) 1997 Robey Pointer (C) 2008 Eggheads
[22:09] --- Loading eggdrop v1.6.19+SSL (Fri Aug 31 2012)
[22:09] Listening at telnet port 4444 (all).
[22:09] MSG210
[22:09] MSG210
[22:09] MSG20B channels: This module requires Eggdrop 1.6.20 or later.
[22:09] Tcl error in file 'Savan14.conf':
[22:09] invalid command name "channel"
while executing
"channel add #channel {
chanmode "+tn"
}"
(file "Savan14.conf" line 767)
[22:09] * MSG534

The point I'm trying to make here is, all of this WORKED before. I had a shut down, now it's all gone to hell.
y
System: Ubuntu 12, amd 64X2 Athleon processors.

EDIT: When I imported my config files, I neglected to remove the original Eggdrop.conf file, which caused a conflict with the imported .conf files. Of course the bot looked in Eggdrop.conf first, couldn't find what it wanted, and went into FAIL mode. Hope this helps someone else.
I'm only a user, I'm not a geek or a troubleshooter. I find trouble, or it finds me, usually through a computer. I don't know TCL, C+++, Python or any other scripting language. Whatever help I can be will be sheer dumb luck - for both of us.