This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Bot deleted and copied again not work

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
v
vasile
Voice

Bot deleted and copied again not work

Post by vasile »

Hello.

I have some problems. I installed eggdrop bot and bogus trivia on my server. For some reasons i made a backup and delete the bot dir from server.

After that i restored the bot dir on server but my bot does not want to run in channel. He is there but no "Hello -user-" no nothing from him. Should the bot be registered on channel somehow? I have no idea. I am new on this kind of stuff.

I took a look in log file but everything is fine. I joined in partyline write some commands: .rehash, .reset, everything is fine. I deleted PID file and recreated...nothing work.

I tryed with a new installation. The same thing happened. I dont know what to do further.

What can i do?

Thanks!
SpiKe^^
Owner

Post by SpiKe^^ »

There is a setting in the eggdrop config file you probably overlooked.

You will need to bind hello or a word of your choosing using this example.

unbind msg - hello *msg:hello and bind msg - myword *msg:hello: these allow you to change the 'hello' command to something different. Change myword to the name you the hello command you want. If you have learn-users set to 0, this command is only used for when you first introduce yourself to the bot.

Restart the bot after you edit and upload the config file.

Then try to msg your bot hello again.
SpiKe^^

Get BogusTrivia 2.06.4.7 at www.mytclscripts.com
or visit the New Tcl Acrhive at www.tclarchive.org