This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

[SOLVED] eggdrop and FBSD 10! :(

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
d
dj-zath
Op

[SOLVED] eggdrop and FBSD 10! :(

Post by dj-zath »

hi all!

I've been using eggdrop for years and years..and rarely have I had an issue like I have now..

I recently switched to a new server running FreeBSD v10.0 and the ole eggy just WILL NOT COMPILE on the beast!

at first, I had issues with it not recognizing TCL 8.6.. and I spent the better part of the day scratching my head on that one.. I ended up removing it all and putting TCL 8.5 on there and DING.. it worked.. got further along..

now I'm getting a "open_listen" failure in tcldcc.o and then an "error 1" crash and stop in the compile..

I'm now beyond frustrated.. and found that lots of people are having this very issue.. so, what do I do? abondon FreeBSD 10?

thanks in advance for ANY help in this issue!

-DjZ-
Last edited by dj-zath on Wed May 07, 2014 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
d
dj-zath
Op

Post by dj-zath »

UPDATE:

okay!

I have found a solution... I abandoned FBSD v10..

I went back to FBSD 9.2 and the eggy was compiled, installed and running within 10 MINUTES..

problem SOLVED!

-DjZ-
:) :)
c
cache
Master

Post by cache »

Thanks, I put eggdrop on FreeBSD 10 on my new server and had same problem..... downloading 9.2 now. Btw which version of eggdrop you on? and is it ports/lang/tcl84 or 85 you use?
t
thommey
Halfop

Post by thommey »

Posted this to another thread already, just to make sure it's read I'll answer here as well. no need to downgrade your operating system version! :)

the solution is to configure with:
CFLAGS="-std=gnu89" ./configure
the underlying issue is the incompatibility in the inline keyword as explained here between clang's and gcc's default compilation