This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Simple trigger script

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
N
Nssvtr
Voice

Simple trigger script

Post by Nssvtr »

For the life of me i can not seem to find a simple trigger script that would do something simple as if someone hits the bot like /me hits (Botname) or just plain text Hits (botname) that the bot can say something back like.... (botname): Don't Hit me! just anything simple like that also would like to have a !command feature that will allow people to see the different commands that can be used if anyone can make one or point me to one that would be wonderful thank you
Madalin
Master

Post by Madalin »

For a trigger script you should look at http://forum.egghelp.org/viewtopic.php?t=19313
w
willyw
Revered One

Re: Simple trigger script

Post by willyw »

Nssvtr wrote:...also would like to have a !command feature that will allow people to see the different commands that can be used if anyone can make one or point me to one that would be wonderful thank you

http://www.egghelp.org/tclhtml/3478-4-0 ... m-news.htm

Upon public command, that script will read a text file to the user. Simply edit the text file as you wish.

I think that the public command - as the script is written - is : !news .
That's easy to change to whatever you want. First, install the script and test it. See if it is to your liking. Then, if changing the command is the only thing that it needs, and if you are unfamiliar with TCL for Eggdrops - find the right section here on the forum, make a post there asking for help, and somebody will help you understand what to change.
N
Nssvtr
Voice

ty

Post by Nssvtr »

Thank you both Very much i got it workin and figured out