This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

mute.tcl please help fix Tcl error and m|m binding

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
b
boodle
Voice

mute.tcl please help fix Tcl error and m|m binding

Post by boodle »

hi guys , this is my first post here , sorry if this is a repeat but i can't find the answer to this anywhere (even here). this is the mute.tcl available on;

http://www.egghelp.org/cgi-bin/tcl_arch ... ad&id=1111

it works great for me , as bot owner , just keeps throwing up the error :

Tcl error [mute:nick]: Unknown channel setting.

on the partyline every now and then.

i'm running unreal3.2.10.2 which no longer seems to support the mute function , but promotes the use of +m and voicing instead. i just want to tidy up the code enough to stop the partyline error popping up. Also i need my ops to be able to use the same function , i changed the bindings to o|o but that doesn't seem to work like other scripts i've played with.

this .tcl does everything i need it to (ty metroid) , just needs a little tweak to play nice , but this one is totally over my head :oops:

any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks
bex (boodle)
SpiKe^^
Owner

Post by SpiKe^^ »

The problem would be in this line of code...

Code: Select all

if {[string match -nocase "*$nickname*" [lindex [split [channel get $channel mute]] 0]]} {
Believe maybe it should read more like...

Code: Select all

if {[string match -nocase "*$nickname*" [lindex [split [channel get $channel muteinfo]] 0]]} {
SpiKe^^

Get BogusTrivia 2.06.4.7 at www.mytclscripts.com
or visit the New Tcl Acrhive at www.tclarchive.org
b
boodle
Voice

Post by boodle »

thank you so much , thats fixed the error , i'll go back to playing with the bindings again and hopefully it plays nice this time.

:D
b
boodle
Voice

Post by boodle »

that fix worked perfectly, thank you so much :) , i still can't understand why changing the binding to o|o instead of m|m doesn't work to allow my ops to mute , even -|- doesn't work. i can't see anywhere else in the script where it binds to m|m. any clues??

thanks
bex (boodle)
SpiKe^^
Owner

Post by SpiKe^^ »

Nope, that's all there is to it.

That o|o flag implies the user is properly added to the bot's userfile with the global o flag, or a channel o flag for the referenced channel.

The bind does not check for ops in the channel & does not care either way.

Try changing the binds to o|o and killing the bot, to clear all other binds to the same procs. Start the bot fresh and see what you got.
SpiKe^^

Get BogusTrivia 2.06.4.7 at www.mytclscripts.com
or visit the New Tcl Acrhive at www.tclarchive.org
b
boodle
Voice

Post by boodle »

thats all fixed now, thank you so much for your help , i had a quick crash course in bot user flags and i get where i was messing up now :D