This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Why Does my Bot keep clearing out the Banlist of the channel

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
k
kangoll

Post by kangoll »

my bot is set on +enforce bans......but every now and then it will -b on the users i kick out of the channel

how do i go abouts solving this?
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

Enforcebans has nothing to do with setting "-b", and the "-b" that you talk about can be handy method of preventing the banlist from becoming full.

Lets look at the settings:
+enforcebans: When a ban is set or a banned user joins the channel, this provide the bot the ability to get off it's ass and do somthing about it. If the ban isn't in the banlist, then the bot will set it, then it will kick the user.

+dynamicbans: After a "+b" is sent to the channel, the bot waits "ban-time" (config file setting) until it unsets it (this is where you problem lies).The idea being, that the banlist is kept to a minimum in size. When a banned user joins the channel, and +enforcebans is set, the the ban will be set again. There are some perssistant user, and most times bots, that will just keep trying, and trying to join, thus when a -b is issued, they join, and the ban setting stuff starts again. You can get around this by making the ban sticky. After setting a ban (EG .+ban *!*user@*.his.isp.com), type ".stick *!*user@*.his.isp.com" and you have a ban then is never unset, unless the bans lifetime expires, rot he ban is killed.