This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

services problem that will do your head in

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
k
kdwyer82

services problem that will do your head in

Post by kdwyer82 »

here is my problem
i can't id my bot with nickserv not even manually using .msg nickserv id blah
however i can .msg user message anyone and they receive the message
also.... if i change the bots nick using .dump nick, when the bot regains its nickname, i get a message from nickserv in the console that i need to identify.

I have checked the ignores and there is nothing in there. I have changed the restarted the eggdrop using ./eggdrop -m ... and that doesn't work. i have used different channel files
and i have tried different config files. I have tried changed the net type and that does nothing eiter. i really have no idea what the problem could be or what to test next. If anyone at all has any ideas please give us a hand. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
portamento
k
kdwyer82

its all good

Post by kdwyer82 »

thanks to anyone who read over it
but the problem is now sorted
it turns out it was services itself ignoring my bots
why, i do not know, but meh
thanks
portamento
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

One reason could possibly be that you are sending the message to nickserv incorectly.

Most networks require that you use the full nick@host format to message nickserv.
C
ClubCX
Voice

Post by ClubCX »

If you're using any kind of scripts to identify to Channel Services, note that in most cases, they will consider eggdrop's standard output to be a flood, which might explain the ignore you mentioned.

When sending text to Channel Services bots, send one command per 6 seconds, this will ensure that they never consider the bot to be flooding.